Epilogue

The only thing, Ash remembered when he woke up was the pain.

His whole body was rigged with massive injuries. His eyes fluttered open, burning with anguish and misery. His chest burned, it felt as if someone was skinning him alive, his head felt heavy and hollow at the same time, like it was cracked open and then sewn back together, and somehow someone had managed to stuff extra gravel inside.

His limbs ached, they felt broken. Both legs, hands and toes, and the fingers.

Ash felt exposed, meek, and stupid.

"Ash... can you hear me... Ash!"

A blurred image of a woman appeared before his eyes.

"Mom?" He croaked.

"It's Ailsa," the woman grabbed a hold of his cheeks to keep him from slipping into sleep or worse, death.

But if this was life, he didn't want to live anymore.

"Ash, what did he say to you?" She carefully slapped his cheeks, "Ash what did he say?"

He couldn't hold out any longer. Ash was slipping out of his consciousness.

"Tell... Ailsa," his voice started to disappear, "she... she can have Bade-Khen."

Not far away from the room was a certain brunette, her heart thumping with fear and her eyes shed water like a river. Her hands fumbled around the control, her son had done his job, it was her time to do hers.

She couldn't help but fuss over the little piece of ancient stone in front of her.

"What the fuck?" Her lips slipped and her voice quivered, "what the fuck is this?"

The old man, standing right next to her, seemed puzzled. "What do you mean?"

Her voice broke as she said, "This isn't an unown."