Chapter 34:- The Spinning

Her room was so cold she feared it might've been a grave.

Serena was up half the night, she was afraid that if she fell asleep she might freeze to death or worse wake up with a frost bite.

She paced around her small room, tried to jump up and down to create some sort of warmth in her body but nothing worked.

She couldn't help but miss braixen and her warm snuggles. The softness of her fur and the fire in her eyes.

On the bright side, she though, if I suffer from a frost bite, I'll be excused from this place.

She seriously considered the latter.

Just then there was a knock on the door, she expected to see Dawn or even better, Ash but it was Gary who came in, his eye was still tinted lilac from the punch she'd given him.

"It's you," she vexed, her teeth's clattered.

"Yeah," he quickly sat down on the bed right next to her, "I think the temperature regulator in my room is broken and so is the one in Ash's and... yours."

He shivered beside her, Serena wanted to kick him out of her bed but she didn't have enough strength too.

"Well then go on," she said, "it's freezing here!"

"It's freezing everywhere!" He cried, "but the others don't feel it, Ash kicked me out and said I had a low tolerance for cold."

"Do you?"

He glared at her, "What do you think?!"

Serena sighed as she tried to pulled her blanket closer to her but Gary kept trying to steal it. "It's mine!" She said.

"I don't see no name on it!" He cried.

"This is my room Gary!" She said, "go to yours!"

"It's freezing there!"

"And it's freezing here!"

They'd reached an impasse, in the end they decided to share the blanket.

"Should be go trouble Dawn?" He suggested.

"No she needs her beauty sleep."

"And you don't?"

She shook her head, she'd parted ways with sleeps ages ago. In fact the best sleep she'd had in years was when she'd she snuggled with Ash in the hospital bed before they were rudely woken up by Ailsa Oak.

They shivered in silence for quite sometime.

"My... grandfather says that Oak men are useless in cold." Gary smiled.

"Is that so?"

He nodded, "When I was little, he used to say that my dad bruised like a berry. Grandpa even wears sweater vests in July."

Serena laughed, "What about your sister, do you have any?"

He shook his head, "There hasn't been a girl in our lineage since ages, my uncle said that the Oaks are cursed and if there is a woman she'll suffer a great deal, bunch of idiots."

"Well, at least you know your family." She said bitterly, "I don't have a family except my mother."

"What about your father?"

"Dead," she sighed.

Mark Jorum used to be a wonderful father. Serena was young when he left them but she had enough memories to prove the said. They used to go camping, to the park, the lumious tower and to many more locations. It had broken her heart when he'd left, but there wasn't anything he could've done different.