Chapter 84:- Where is Ash?

The only question in Serena's mind when she was getting hit again and again was: Where the hell was Ash?

Serena had first noticed that Ash was missing when she needed help climbing the old vent which was supposed to lead her to the room where Spencer was captured, courtesy of Ailsa.

She had to unscrew the lid and then screw it back herself, which was a bummer because it was an inch higher than she was.

She'd slithered through the vault as quietly as she could but despite her giving it her best, she'd failed at a moment or two.

"Do you hear that?" Came a voice from down the vent.

"Hear what?"

There was silence for some time. "There was a slithering noise coming from... maybe upstairs?"

"There is nothing upstairs."

"I think we should check it."

As soon as those footsteps disappeared, Serena rushed through the vent.

Her mind was too hot and boiled by the time she reached the end, she used one of Chamber's metal dissolving solution to melt the bottom off the vent. Without comprehending the length of the gap, she jumped.

A pinching feeling crawled it's way up her thighs as she landed on her legs. Serena stumbled backward but quickly regained herself.

She'd jumped quite a few times back in the Academy, but it never hurt this much.

By the time she got back on her feet, Serena took a gander around the room and found herself face to face with an armed man and a very scared Spencer Hale.

"Oh, hello there," Serena said.

"You're Sere—"

By the time he could finish the sentence, Serena shot the firearm away from his arm, sending it skidding halfway across the room.

"Hide!" Serena screamed at Spencer.

The man-made leap towards his fallen weapon but before he could get his hands on it, Serena launched herself onto him. Knocking him down on the ground.

A cry escaped her lips as she rolled away from him, slamming into a nearby wall. A sharp, chilling pain traveled down her abdomen as she tried to get up.

Unfortunately for her, the man was already up.

By the time Serena's hand reached her waist, it was too late. The man slam-dunked into her, knocking her down to the ground. His hand made its way towards her waist, trying to rip off her weapon but luckily for Serena, it was jammed shut.

Unfortunately, that was bad on a whole new level.

"Get... off... me!" Her knee hit his crotch.

He immediately got off her, groaning in pain.

Serena's fingers fumbled around her utility belt, regretting the time she made fun of Gary for keeping his gun at the small of his back.

Just then, her eyes locked towards the gun that she'd thrown.

The two of them dived for it but Serena was quicker.

"Ah-ha!" She wiped the blood off her lips, "you're a dead man."

The man didn't seem to be bothered by her, a wicked smile showed up on his face as he said, "It's bionic, it only recognizes my fingerprint."

"Ah oh," her smile turned into a frown.

The man advanced towards her, Serena geared up but he never came. His cry escaped in the air followed by a loud thud.

Behind him stood Spencer Hale, in his arm was the uncoated wire.

"I electrocuted him."

Serena couldn't help but smile as she finally took out her jammed gun, "Let's get the hell out of here."

It was Eiran who guided Ash to where he would find Giovanni.

"Why aren't there any people here?" He asked.

"Because they're required at someplace else," Eiran said, "go in there and do your job, like a Raider."

A sigh escaped his lips as he turned the knob of the door, his heart thumped so loud that its heartbeat was audible.

"I've been waiting for you,"

The room was dark and ominous. The only source of light was through the crack in the door he'd just opened.

"Me too," he said while stepping in, "but how'd you know I was going to come?"

An ominous silence filled the room as the squeaking of a chair echoed in the air. A ray of light cut through Giovanni's face, a wicked smile showed up on his face.

"You're not the only one with access to an Unown."