Chapter 14:-The Orre

"What are you implying, newly-discovered-grandma-who-is-still-Alive?" Gary remarked in a sarcastic tone as he eyed Charlus.

Ailsa smiles, "The chamber of Xovier was an association. The six families combined together to draft a treaty, the sacred treaty of Flying Moltres. The treaty was forged hundreds of years ago when the Great Pokemon war broke out which vanished an entire regi-"

"Hold on," Ash interrupted. "What now?"

"The great Pokemon war," Ailsa enforced while trying to keep a straight face. "It was a war between regions initiated by the native rulers and families of seven regions, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unnova, Kalos and Orre, the gale of Darkness."

"Orre?" Serena questioned. "Isn't it a myth?"

Ailsa looked surprised, "Why don't you answer it, Delia? Weren't you a-"

"Archaeologist? Yeah." Delia smiled, "It's not, sweetheart. Orre was the base of my research before I joined the Academy. It's said to be a desert area said to be filled with radiations with high crime rate but it's not. It was merely made up to keep it separate from the six regions."

"Why?" Asked Dawn.

"That's what I was telling," Ailsa said. "The great Pokemon war did more damage to Orre than any other region. It was a war to wake the gods of old, lead by the demanding mortals."

"This is clearly a myth!" Gary concludes. "No offence grandma, but old age has gotten in your head. You're bonkers!"

Ailsa shook her head, "I assure you I'm not, Garrison. The fight to wake the immortals to use them and control them for their own selfish deeds lead to chaos and destruction. It was the people of Orre who initiated the rebellion. The sky, land, fire, water, even the mighty Titian's were at war-"

"That's good to hear," Gary intruded. "First of all, I'm Gary, just Gary and second of all, I'm a Pokemon scientist myself, and that is totally crazy, a fight between humans and legendary? You're nuts to even suggest it."

Ailsa smiles again before she said, "Learn to listen, Garrison, I'm getting there."

Gary, annoyed, sank back in his chair.

"As I was telling, Orre's were a tribe of powerful people. They used powers beyond science, they harnessed the power of unown and mega stones to wake the immortals. However things didn't go as planned, Delia dear, why don't you take the stage?"

Delia sadly got up, she had parted ways with her research years ago even though she was brilliant at it. But it just couldn't leave her, She faced the crowd of confused young people and said, "Unown's were clever. They didn't like being in control, they played tricks on the Orre's and made an alliance with the immortals in exchange for their freedom. The immortals crushed them and cursed their lands, their resources were scattered over the world. The mega stones were mostly destroyed, but the ones that later remained were discovered and used for far inferior processes than their capacity. The unowns were free and mostly settled down in their own dimensions."

Delia had every eye on the room, everyone, including her colleagues were staring at her wide eyed. Besides her Ailsa smiles proudly. Just then a meek voice said, "What happened to the Orre's?" It was Serena's.

Delia then said, "Most died. Some settled down on the barren land now devoid of Pokemon and made a civilisation, others swore that they would never forget their betrayal and formed different alliances."

"So," Gary said in a flabbergasted tone. "How the hell do you know all of this? Wasn't this a part of Spencer Hale's research?"

Delia laughed, "I was and am an Archaeologist. Spencer Hale and I were your grandfathers research scholars. I'm Dr. Diane Serena Kets, The Archaeologist who discovered the Johto ruins."

Ash looked bedazzled, never in his wildest dream he expect his mother to be what she'd claimed to be. Ash had always suspected his mother but never thought about confronting her. "Why didn't you tell me his?" He said at last.

Delia sympathised with him, she looked at Ailsa for help who quickly stepped up. "The treaty of Flying Moltres was forged by the then ruling families of the six regions, as the deeds of the Orre had caused them a great deal of trouble. They were great families who swore that they'll protect and train their family members to fight the rebels to prevent another apocalypse. We have done so for a thousand of years and will do so now."

Ailsa then looked at Charlus who groaned as he said, "The Raiders were of Kanto, The Oak's of Johto, The Van Blacks of Kalos, the Illés of Sinnoh, the Xaviers of Unova and the Eisenburgs of Hoenn. The opened the chamber of Xovier, an academy to train the memebers of the six families incase a calamity happened."

"The last assembling was done twenty years ago," Grace continued. "The families had then shortened, barely a heir each remained. Your parents and I along with some other people were trained for years before we were sent in Orre when UER started to grown in a distressing large amount, we thought we had defeated them but we were wrong. We lost people, people who mattered." She then looked at Delia who looked as if she was about to cry.

"What's a UER?" Dawn asked.

"Unown Electrodimensional Radiations," Gary said much to Joanne's dismay. "Unowns use it to signal each other, I read about them in a certain Dr. Kets notes, I didn't knew it was you."

Delia nodded in agreement, "Orre's were hunting down Unowns, the Unowns used UER to communicate with the immortals but instead of them, it was the chamber who picked it up and assembled a squad of trained Liquidators to prevent them from doing so."

"Because the ancient six weren't enough, they decided to pick on their lesser members." Joanne said as she looked at Delia.

"Like me," She said. "My work caught Ailsa's eyes and she recruited me along with a few others. We went undercover as spies in Orre, and informed them of the unusual happenings."

"They were categorised," Ailsa said. "James and Diane were undercover spies in Cedar City. He was the team leader and the first responder, he went in as Ethan Gold and Diane as Leaf Green. Charlus and Grace were in Basil city, He was Lucas Blaine and Grace was Hilda Chaz. Joanne and Mark were the second responders and I was the mission control."

When Ailsa was finished, everyone was staring at her. They didn't know what to say or what to do, Gary was still bummed about being called Garrison and was thinking all of this was just a huge hoax.

Ash knew it was serious but didn't know how to respond, what did Ailsa want him to do? Fight bad guys? Because thats what he'd been doing ever since he stepped outside of Pallet.

Dawn was literally bored out of her mind, she was a designer, what the hell she could do? Make cool uniform for them?

Perhaps Serena was the only one who understood the gravity of the situation because she was scared for her life. Those constant dreams that she had when she was a little kid predicted something like this. In them, she was older and trapped. Trapped inside a white room with red spots, but no matter how much she convinced herself that they were just spots, she knew that it was her blood. In that dream, she was scared, not for her, but from something else, something so tiny that was unable to protect itself. Something that was a part of her, she was shivering with fear.

"Who are the Orre's?" Ash finally spoke at last.

Ailsa smiled devilishly as she said, "Ever heard of team rocket?"