Chapter 7:-He's the potato farmer?!

Ash was lying lifeless on the slightly damp grass. The sun rays peering through the trees were what shook him alive. He stretched his arm and did a quick exercises to kick the laziness off his chest. Beside Ash, his Pikachu was sleeping soundly, who had then promised to keep a watch.

"Stupid Pikachu..." he said gleefully as stroked the mouse behind his ear.

Ash was sleeping down on the grassy path behind his manor. It still sounded strange to him, his manor left to him by a father he never knew.

The name on the deed was of James Raider, Ash's name wasn't on it. Could it be possible that his father didn't even know what his name was? After all, Ash never saw his father. Not even once.

He glanced back towards the back of the stoned manor, it had more windows than one could count and more towers than one had in mind. The stone covered manor looked like a castle rather than a home.

"Castles are home, stupid." He said to himself as he shook the mouse pokemon.

Pikachu got up with a jerk, sending many sparks up in the air. Missed by just a nanosecond, Ash got out alive. He chuckled as he saw Pikachu covering his face with his tiny hands, quite ashamed to face Ash.

"It's fine buddy," Ash said as he got up, "now come one." He stretched his arm forward making a bridge for Pikachu to climb on.

The Pokemon hurriedly settled himself on his shoulder and purred nonchalantly. Just then an irritated voice echoed through the air, drawing Ash's attention towards it instantly.

"The stupid house!" the voice said, more like yelled.

Ash walked towards the sound of the distress which seemed to be coming from a little ahead. The grass hill shortened as he traveled downhill.

As the clearing became visible, he saw a young woman in her early twenties, she was wearing an army green jacket and black pants which seemed to be covered in brown spots. She has bouncy short blonde hair which now stuck up at her back. Given her condition, it was obvious that she definitely rolled down the hill.

"Didn't mom say that the place was impregnable?" Ash asked himself as she advanced towards the lady covered in dirt.

"Hey miss!" he yelled while running towards her, "you're on private property."

Being busy plucking grass out of her hair, the blonde didn't turn. Ash sighed and yelled again, "Hey miss! You're on my property!"

"Stop yelling, I heard you the first time!" The blonde yelled while facing Ash in a fit of anger, "I'm not here because I want to, this stupid place means nothing to me!" Her eyes were squeezed shut and her fists were balled up in anger.

Blood ran out of his face as he recognised the short tempered intruder. His throat ran dry as he exchanged nervous glances with the mouse pokemon whose mouth was also dropped open.

What were the chances that his 'friend' who he hadn't seen in years was standing in front of him, on his unknown property, soaked in grass and blood.

Twenty fifth of April was full of miracles, after all.

"S-Serena?" He croaked as the blonde slowly opened her eyes.

If there was anyone more shocked than Ash, it was Serena herself. Seeing Ash in front of her while she'd just finished tumbling downhill was not a pleasant sight, to her, it was not a sight at all.

She blinked several times and narrowed her eyes down on the man that resembled Ash. He had exact raven black hair, the same dreamy brown eyes, and exact jawline, not to mention he had an awestruck Pikachu at his shoulder. But she still shook her head and grabbed her hair with her broken, bloody nails.

"I must've had a serious concussion," she said while squeezing her eyes shut, "I'm seeing Ash above all and his pikachu too."

After several minutes of chapping and smacking her head, she nervously opened her eyes, hoping to see anyone but him. Unfortunately for her, he was standing right in front of her with a frown plastered on his face.

"You're really here?" She croaked.

Ash smiled and nodded as he spread his arms in the air, "You're here, you're kinda standing on my property. Anyways, hey."

Ash gave her one of his chubby grin which she used to die for. What she wanted more than anything was to hug him tightly, she had even forgot what his voice sounded like in person. She would've even forgotten what he looked like had it not been for his constant billboards in Kalos.

They were a sight to sore eyes.

Hey? Serena thought scornfully, he meets after six years and says 'hey'?

The next few chain reactions were the ones Serena didn't regret. With her right hand, she ripped Ash's backpack off his shoulder which led to Pikachu jumping on grass. Using his backpack, Serena started hitting Ash with great velocity.

"You meet after years and say 'hey'?!" She yelled while hitting his head, "where the hell were you Ash Ketchum!"

"Stop!" Ash yelled defensively while escaping from Serena's deadly hits, "please let me explain!"

"Explain?" Serena retorted while throwing Ash's backpack on the ground, "I don't need your explanation, you filthy goddamned bastard!"

"Ouch... that really hurt."

"Shut up, shut the actual hell up!" Serena barked.

Her once steady breath was now rising and sinking in pangs of exhaustion and anger. Sure she had imagined their encounter several times, but this one, she hadn't imagined in her wildest dreams.

Ash, however, didn't make a sound. He knew that he deserved every inch of beating he got and more too.

"Not meaning to sound rude, but, what the hell are you doing in Kanto? And that too in my property? More importantly what happened to you?" Ash asked while picking up his backpack.

Serena brushed off a strand of hair with her broken nails and sighed deeply, "I rolled downhill and the branches hit my face on my way to this stupid mansion."

"It's a 'manor' not a 'mansion'." Ash corrected, "but mansion is more than fine." He added after getting a threatening glare from Serena.

"This one is your's? When did you buy it?" Serena asked.

"Technically It's my fath-"

"Lookie here guys!" A cheerful voice rang around the corner cutting Ash's conversation in half, "never in my wildest dreams I expected to see you here!"

Serena facepalmed herself after turning back around. Gary Oak was coming running towards them, a smile lit up on Ash's face as he raced towards him and embraced him in a brotherly hug.

"God, I missed you." Gary exclaimed, "Wait... what the hell are you doing here?!"

"No idea myself," said Ash as he side-hugged him, "wait I thought you were in Sinnoh, what're you doing in Kanto?"

"Do I need you permission to travel, Ashy-boy?" Gary smirked as he playfully pushed Ash away. "Man you have not idea how hard it has been since your mother called."

"Tell me about it," He mumbled under his breath.

Having a great eye, Gary caught a certain blonde hiding her face using the sleeve of her army green jacket. He then pushed Ash away as he walked towards her. "Hey, I know you," he said in a suspicious voice as he grabbed onto her hand before she could run. "Serena?!" He yelled on top of his voice while pulling her in a bear hug, "man! what a coincidence!"

Struggling under his grip, Serena was glad when Pikachu had jumped on her to give her a hug. Serena pushed Gary away and embraced Pikachu while she scratched behind his ear.

"Sorry to scare you buddy." She said with a grin on her face.

Gary looked towards Ash with a care to explain expression. Ash smiled as he put his hand on Gary's shoulder saying, "We met in Kalos six years ago. She was my travel companion along wi-"

"Wait you know her?!" He asked in a bemused face, "so you're Muriel the potato farmer?!"