Chapter 76:- The Dream-Part 1

"Tamato Berry?" A young ebony haired woman brought the red Berry closer to the baby strapped on her chest. On her head was a certain fletchiling.

"Ga!" The baby shook her head.

"Choosy daughter of me," the woman shook her head in dismay with a smile, "come on, sere, you've got to love this one."

The baby violently shook her head.

The woman groaned and put down the berries back from where she took them.

Seeing the two of them, the vendor laughed. "Your sister?" He asked in a thick Kalosian accents, like the one people used to have back in Vaniville town.

The woman shook her head, "My daughter."

"Daughter? But you're so young."

"Nah, I just look like like this... pass me that purple berry!"

"You mean Chesto?"

"Whatever, I'm just learning their names."

The little baby jumped up in excitement after smelling the Chesto berry.

"This is it!" The woman heaved a sigh of relief, "pack a dozen of them."

"A dozen of Chesto? Don't you need Pinap or Mago berry to pair it up with?"

The woman shook her head, "She's just a baby, she'll eat anything that comes out of me or is a mulch."

The vendor gave her a stink eye as he returned her shopping basket with a dozen of purple Chesto berries.

"Fucking twat," the woman cursed as she walked away from the market.

"Fusk Wat!" The little baby tried to copy her mother.

"Serena!" A very young Grace fussed over her little girl, "it's 'fucking twat' come on, say it again!"

"Fusk wat!"

Grace sighed as she tightened her carrier, bringing Serena closer to her. The two of them made their way towards the market, occasionally stopping at a show or two to buy groceries and whatever Serena approved off.

Grace was stuffing groceries in her bag when she was approached by a man, who seemed to be a little older than Grace. His shiny blonde hair seemed to reflect the sun rays, blinding many people who came along with him.

"Grace?!" Yelled the man, a big smile on his face, "is that you?"

The woman's eyes widened in surprised, "Um... no?"

"It is you!" The man engulfed her in a hug, squeezing her baby, "it's been so long! Like almost an year!"

Grace laughed nervously, "Sure has been, Matthew."

"It's Mark,"

"Oh sure... I have to go,"

However, Mark blocked Grace's exist. "Hold on," he said, "what's... that?"

"A baby?" She said in an obvious voice.

The blond man was taken aback after taking a glance at the little girl, his jaws dropped open in awe and his eyes became unfocused. Unable to comprehend the magnitude of the situation.

"Grace... is she mine?"

"What?" Said the ebony haired, "why would you think that?"

"Because... her hair... Grace is she my daughter?"

"Of course not," she pushed the man aside, "her grandmother has the same hair colour, she is not yours!"

But Mark didn't let the woman pass, he grabbed her wrist and swung her back.

"Why wouldn't you tell me?" His voice was raised, "she's my daughter, isn't she?"

"I'm telling you— Serena is not your daughter!"

"You named her Serena? That's a pretty name," the man smiled; moving to and fro to catch a glimpse of the girl.

"Mark let it go!"

Their banter went on for quite sometime. No matter what came out of Grace's mouth, Mark refused to take no for an answer.

"Fine," said the blond, "if she isn't mine, whose is she?"

Before she could answer, Grace's eyes dropped on a certain shopper, a man in his mid thirties who was eying them curiously. He was dressed like a simple farmer with a white smock wrapped around his waist.

It was clean, just like the shoes he wore.

"Sure," Grace's eyebrow twitched, "she... is yours."

Serena woke up with a gasp, she sat upright as her breath elevated manifold times.

"What happened?" Asked Ash, still droopy with sleep. "Bad dream?"

Serena shook her head, "No, just a very confusing one."

Eventually, she went back to sleep wondering about all the times she'd played poker with her mother back in Vaniville town and all the times she'd caught her in a lie.

Grace had a tell and it was her eyebrows."