Chapter 45:- The Infiltration

"Who was the baby?" Whispered Gary as they entered the museum.

Dawn looked at him with awe, it had been an hour or so since they'd left the Dimension of the m-unown. Gary had not spoken a word about what they'd witnessed inside, he was shaken to his core.

"I don't know," she sighed.

"Was it you? You had the same hair."

The girl did look extraordinary like Dawn, the baby had the same hair and cheekbones but she didn't have her blue eyes, her eyes were a darker shade of green, almost viridian.

"Maybe," she said, "but the theme of my nursery was Piplup and the nursery I was in... It had a weird Pokemon."

The corner of Gary's lips twitched, "It was Xerneas, a Kalosian Legendary Pokemon. It's fairy type and... just amazing."

"You've seen it?"

He shook his head, "It's... one of the few legendaries I've not seen... Ash has seen it though."

The thought of Ash churned butterflies in his stomach. The dreams he'd witnessed in the dimensions were disturbing.

They're that... he convinced himself, just dreams.

But his screams still echoed in his mind.

"You'll see it one day," Dawn said positively, "I'm sure of it."

Gary smiled, Dawn wasn't a bad person, he didn't know why he antagonized her. "I'd say that you'll become a coordinator again but... come on, Serena is way better."

Dawn's nostrils fumed in anger, she punched his arm before walking ahead of him. "You're an ass!"

Gary spread his arms, "That's the word on the street!"

For Chuck, the day was ambiguous.

It was good because they'd been able to capture three of the villains that their client at the Apocalypse had briefly warned them about. And of course, the misfits had made their jobs easier by capturing the Pokémon in pokeballs so now they had more empty cages. Peter had been angry with him when he left their den below the museum unattended but it had all worked out for the best when his mistake led to the capture of the three insolent brats.

It was bad because, to capture the misfits, he had his nuts kicked by the pretty orange-haired girl who had been making out with the blond in the cage. And to add more to the bad news, the stelae they'd found buried deep in the desert of Agate was making weird noises almost as if it was alive.

He shook his head and adjusted his T-shirt which had a single letter 'C' written over it, it stood for Cipher, the name of their little smuggling gang. It was true that they weren't a large organization like the Apocalypse but they were still enough to withhold the three brats.

Peter thought otherwise.

They had fifteen to twenty members down in the Den, but now because of the brats, he was given strict orders to call the ones who were engaged in some mission of sorts.

It was up to him to call for backup.

A sigh escaped his lips as he stepped out of their door and into the basement of the Museum which was loaded with goods. He settled down on a box and took out a cigarette and started his job.

After a few puffs and calls, a shadow loomed past him. Chuck stood up almost immediately, Peter had warned him when he first joined the business that one's gut feelings were always correct.

His hands traveled to his pocket where lay his taser and gun, he turned back and heaved a sigh of relief when he found no one.

"Sometimes a feeling is just a feeling," he said.