Chapter 77:- Luke

"This glue is so cold," said Dawn, who'd arrived at Hald Fest before the storm took charge last night.

"We can always tape it to your big forehead," suggested Gary.

The blue-haired rolled her eyes at his comment. "Can I get a different room?" She asked Delia, "away from... you know." She pointed towards Gary.

Delia hit the brunet in the back with one of her clipboards, "Be nice," she warned. "I'm sorry dear, Gary is usually a very nice boy."

Serena exchanged a glance with Ash, their eyes giddy with mirth.

"I saw that," The brunet hit his friend with his elbow.

Before Ash could retaliate, Delia stood up from her seat, her face faked a smile. "Alright now!" She said at the top of her voice, "time to put you all under some sleep!"

Within a few minutes, the room fell silent.

Delia, Samuel, and Molly went back to their usual work. Except for this time, instead of Delia, it was Molly who was overseeing the three adults.

The brunette was back to her gigantic whiteboard, writing down some numbers with a speed greater than that of a Deoxys.

Serena bit her lip with hesitation, troubled by the dream she'd seen last night. A part of her felt left out when Delia had announced her new experiment, but after seeing the craziness in Molly's and Delia's eyes, she'd concluded that scientists were woobat-crap-crazy.

And she already had enough crazy in her life.

But things had taken a different turn last night when she'd seen her mother and father at the streets of Vaniville.

Why did her eye twitch? She asked herself, why would she lie?

When the suspense was on the verge of killing her, she finally confided Delia.

"Um... hello," she said with a smile.

Delia looked up from the board for a split second, a pleasant smile spread on her face. "Hello,"

"Um... this is stupid but..." the blonde hesitated.

"Speak soon, dear," Delia sang the words, "I don't have all day."

A sigh escaped the blonde's lips, "Okay, so, now, you said that the four of them— Ash, Dawn, Gary, and Calem can see the... hallucinations but I can't because of some dumb treaty?"

The brunette stopped fussing over her board, a sympathetic smile showed up on her as she put her hand on Serena's shoulder. "Dear, are you feeling left out? If you are, you don't have to stay here and feel bad, there is a big library and Ailsa can always use the help."

"No," her eyes had widened at the name of Ailsa, "that's not what I wanted to talk about."

"Then what?"

"Well, I think I saw... or dreamt... you know... from the Unown."

"What?" Delia put down her marker, "that's impossible, the Van Blacks didn't sign the treaty, and neither did I, that's why we don't get them."

"I'm positive," she emphasized.

"What did you see?"

Serena chewed on her lower lip until it became numb, "Not important, particularly, but maybe I can see through my fathers' side?"

The brunette shook her head, "Nah that's not it, because Mark isn't part of the—" Delia took off her glasses, she inched near Serena and put her hands on her face, examining every single detail.

"Um... what are you doing?"

The brunette shook her head, a forced smile showed up on her. "I'm sorry, it's just... what's your age, sweetie?"

Serena frowned, regretting coming up to Delia in the first place, "I'm twenty, about to be twenty-one."

Before Delia could react, a certain alarm started to go off in the room. The two of them turned back with a jerk and Samuel jumped up from his seat.

"It's Gary!" Cried, Molly.

"Lock in the coordinates!" Screamed Delia as she rushed by her side, nearly knocking Serena down to the ground.

The room was filled with a shrill sound that seemed to be coming from the devices Molly was overseeing, the middle light on the screen gleamed red, Serena deduced it to be coming from Gary's headset.

"It wasn't going like this yesterday," she asked Samuel.

"We installed it after you left," he was typing like a lunatic, "helps keep up on our toes."

The situation went on for a couple of minutes, along with the alarm, the room was also filled with screams which seemed to be coming out of the three of the scientists.

"Lock in the coordinates!" Delia was screaming.

"There are no coordinates!" Samuel answered.

"Where is my dad!" Molly kept on howling as she shook Gary alive.

When the situation had died down, the brunet was shaken alive along with the other two. A scream escaped his lips upon seeing the frizzy blonde hover over his shoulders, her eyes reflecting the craziness within her.

"Get off me!" He cried.

A frown etched its way on the frizzy blonde's face as she inched away from the three of them, murmuring under her breath.

"Did you get the coordinates?" Delia asked Samuel.

The old professor exasperated in anger, "For the billionth time, there were no coordinates!"

Delia threw the whiteboard across the room in a fit of anger, it missed Serena's toes by an inch.

"Damn!" The brunette cried, "did you see Spencer, Gary?"

The brunet was still shaken from his horrific accident which included the frizzy blonde. His face was chalk white and his eyes the color of danger.

"No," he gulped, "but I saw them."

His hand pointed towards the stelae.

"Apparently, the name of Beta is Luke."

Quick notice, Luke means light.