Old? New? Rivalries

I do believe we're at the most op yet! Fem Peter, for plot reasons. No spider-powers, but she is Spiderwoman,,, I am fully aware of how confusing this is. Also, y'all are gonna hate me!

It was just your average traumatic hero origin story: Petra had a remarkably stable life, up until when she was 3. Then her mother was no longer able to fight the call of the ocean and returned to it, without Petra as she had been unable to change. Her father had sent her to be with her uncle and aunt in America, but she never did make it there as her plane was destroyed by Hydra. She drowned, had her salt birth, swam to land and changed back then got captured by Hydra. Fast forward a year, she undergoes an accidental burning, somehow survives. Skip to when she's 10, Hydra says she can leave without any repercussions. She finally gets to her aunt and uncle in Queens, then for variety, her aunt is killed. Almost caught up now, stay with me, she goes to Midtown and is friends with Ned and MJ, who both believe she lives in the stone age or something as she had no technology at home because as a wise she learnt it damaged the fae she liked to draw when they hatched. And the school had long since given up on encouraging her to wear shoes.

She had just rescued another group of people from the burning building and used her Siren voice to change their memory slightly when the Avengers turned up, minus Clint and Nat who were on a spy mission or something, she assumed, "I'll just leave you guys to deal with the press okay!" Then she raced back to the tower where she was supposed to be interning and went back to the training room, where she was working on internalising, and subsequently punching and kicking several bags across the room. SNAP! Another one flew through the air and... Into the window. A spider web of fractures grew from where the impact occurred, right as the Avengers returned. Lucky her, they had to investigate this, it would be dangerous if they didn't; she couldn't even use her voice in case any of them were Atlanteans. A few minutes later, they burst through the door, just as predicted, "Is everybody okay? Is anyone hurt?"
"Yes, no, oh welcome back Clint and Nat," she put her guard up slightly, as they could be a threat if she couldn't use all of her powers, "What do you want?"
"For you to join the team!" Tony impulsively answered, causing the others to face-palm. Nat tried to help out, "I think, what Tony meant is that we'd appreciate if you could show us the full extent of your powers, and at least let us know that you won't be a threat."

Somewhat soothed by Nat's promise she didn't have to commit to anything, Petra agreed to demonstrate her powers (though she'd decide to not show all of them). As they passed by the window she used her Siren voice, "You will wait for me to decide when to reveal my powers," then she jumped out of the conveniently open window, using her powers as a Euroklydon to become a cloud of dust, carried by the wind as chaos descended behind. MJ entered the room, What's wrong with them?" she asked Natasha, gesturing to the rest of the Avengers who were under the influence of Petra's voice. Nat had been unaffected, as had MJ, who must have been in range, Petra noted. "So, I kind of need to explain something about our heritage?" Petra could just hear Nat say in the background.

"And that's why I have to fight my best friend," she finished explaining to Flash, who she discovered was a Triton a few years ago.
"Do you though? It sounds like she had never even been told about the centuries-old, so-called, rivalry until yesterday. Plus, it's two Atlanteans, how much damage can they do to an entire kingdom?" he tried to steer the conversation in a different direction, "Remind me again why they want you to join the Avengers?"
"I almost destroyed their hulk reinforced glass. And they saw," she yet again neglected to mention the other powers they saw. And so they continued to discuss irrelevant things.

Words: 735
Edited

Ayy! I lost inspo for this again. But I get to watch Homecoming again tonight! Excited! Oh, before i forget, based off the Elemental Origins series.