No Peter, You're Not Meant To Inhale Strange Gases

Field trips hated Peter. Or maybe he hated them? That much had been the only constant thing in his crazy life. From moving into the Avengers Compound to live with Natasha to her, Clint, and Nick Fury teaching him how to be a spy, he still wouldn't give it up for anything. A year had passed since the trip to Oscorp - which led to him developing spider powers - and that meant it was the annual field trip again. This time it was to the second worse place on the planet: the first being SI, fortunately, the trip was to Hammer Industries. Nat had agreed that he could go, only so he could spy on their inventions for Tony, who was determined it would be very underdeveloped compared to SI.

On the actual day of the tour Peter had been majorly disappointed, he had silently corrected almost all of their equations, not able to verbally correct them because it was wrong to help their rivals. That and he didn't need to get told off by Mr Harrington, probably the only teacher who actually believed in his internship, though that was only because he had walked in on Peter when he was helping the interns. The only moment of any interest to him was when in one of the labs something exploded and released enough gas for Peter to breath some in. He didn't feel any side effects from it, and they'd been ushered from the room before he could find out what it was meant to do.

It was the day after the tour that he realised something in the gas had affected him. He'd gotten out of bed, perfectly normal, then looked in the mirror. His hair had turned a silvery colour and spinning round looking for anything else he discovered a long tail the was the same colour as his hair and reminded him of a horse's tail or very long hair. He learnt from his mistakes (What? Character development?) and rushed down to Bruce's lab, avoiding the others. Bruce jumped, clearly startled when Peter burst through the door like he was being chased by the devil, which honestly nobody would be shocked by. "Bruce, could you please scan my DNA? And not tell the others, Tony would freak." Peter panted, holding out a strand of silver hair. Not overly concerned, Bruce set the machine running, they would get the results in a couple of minutes. "It says... 30% Spider, 30% Human, and 30% horse? Did this happen as a consequence of Hammer Industries? Show me all the obvious changes." Peter took off the cap he had used to hide his hair while unwrapping his tail from his waist, finally letting his wings expanded to half of their full wingspan. Bruce gasped while Peter chuckled sheepishly. "Erm, I can also turn into one of those, what'd call them? Oh yeah, Pegasi!"

"Come on then ребенок паук let's go test out your new powers, I can ride bareback." Natasha pulled him to the nearby stables, where she explained to the staff what they were going to do. Peter just stood there dumbly, not sure how this had happened, one minute he was at the tower and the next his мама паук had dragged him to the nearest stables. "So do you want me to transform or?" Natasha sighed, she knew it was obvious, then nodded. She closed her eyes to protect them from the bright flash that left Peter stood there on four legs, silver coat shining in the sunlight. For the rest of the day they rode either on the ground or mainly in the sky because even if neither of them would admit it, they both prefered soaring just below the clouds.

That became their weekly thing, apart from once a month when family day prevented it until the family day came to the stables. When the car pulled up a large crowd of the people that worked they're gathered. Nat and Peter exited a bit before the others and received many greetings and questions about why they came in a car. The owner walked up to them and welcomed the whole team before assigning them rides. Bruce, Nat, and Peter shared a look, knowing full well what was going to happen. She reached Nat's name and looked up confused. "It says that you'll be using a saddle? And Peter, it says you'll be riding? I'm just going to ignore all this, you guys go do what you normally would."

"Hey мама паук, do we actually need to tell them now, or just go ride like normal and tell them afterwards?" Peter asked, then both their eyes lit up and they turned around and smirked at the rest of the group in sync, unnerving them slightly. They went to their normal stable, just out of sight of the others, where he transformed and Nat scolded him for getting dirty while giving him a quick brush down. When they walked out, the team other than Clint looked shocked she knew bareback, who started to form a theory of what was going on when all she had to do was give verbal commands to get a response. He was slightly stunned when she said to fly and the horse spread massive wings and took to the sky. The group split up and he walked away into the woods hoping that being alone might make them follow him, which was a fairly solid idea, apart from the fact they couldn't land close by. Natasha noticed that Clint wanted them to follow him, so they landed and cantered through the woods to catch up. "So yours? And why no saddle?" Clint asked, gesturing over to them. "Well mine to some extent, and saddles are too much hassle to put on correctly, you know that given the option you'd also go bareback. Now tell me what you think you know." Natasha accused, turning so she could scan for if he lied to her.

"Pete? Did this happen at Hammer Industries?" He tried, not entirely sure if he'd get a response.

"I may be inhaled some gas or other..." Peter muttered before proceeding to have a very complex silent discussion with Natasha, leading to them standing still. She slid off and ordered Clint to swap with her, who nervously complied. They set off again, going slow enough so that he could adjust to the new stride length, before speeding up and eventually going separate ways. With only an hour left before the whole team was going to meet up again, Peter launched them both up into the air, so Clint would scream very loudly. At the end of the day, they decided to tell them in the simplest way possible, which still lead to Tony passing out and Peter having to carry him back to the tower.

School had started again for Midtown Tech and Peter was dreading going back, there was literally no point in him being there, he could probably teach the teachers. Stark must have been rubbing off on him, as to get out of school he decided to go all out. He transformed and flew to school, people swarming closer as soon as he landed, then yelled for Ned and MJ. That made several people stop what they were doing, it couldn't be could it? They both climbed on, varying degrees of thankfulness for the web handholds, and the corridors cleared as he walked to the school field. The whole school was following them by now, even Principal Morita. To their great annoyance, when he reached the field, instead of giving them an explanation he flew away, leaving them all stunned.

Words: 1276

Edited