Puppy Parker

Peter and Harley are bio brothers. This was gonna be so much worse, but instead, you can have a short fluff chapter.

Tony, Pepper and Harley - when did he get there anyway - all collapsed to the ground close to where Peter had snapped and wailed in agony. They began to mourn, with Harley getting some strange looks for his reaction, as far as all the heroes were concerned he was merely in a friendly rivalry with the other intern. Fortunately for him, Harley was close enough to where Peter lay to see that he was using the variant of morse code they developed years ago, "I'll come back, meet at the spot." Ah yes, the spot, it was actually just a rooftop Peter had found early in his Spidermanning and shown Harley a secret way to get to, designed for non-superhumans. He tapped back, "I'm going to tell them."

It was a week after, during which people within the Tower had barely left their rooms, including the interns and staff, who were all incredibly close to Peter. And all the people of New York knew was that their favourite local hero had sacrificed himself to save the universe. Harley moved through the school days like a zombie, with only MJ and Ned being close to understanding what was wrong, even then they weren't completely accurate. Poor Harley had been forced to tell May and his mother about what had happened and then May had to act surprised when the Avengers 'revealed' to her that her nephew was Spiderman. Then it was time for the funeral, which Harley had been dreading more and more with each passing day, especially as May had ordered him to make a speech, which is fair but was going to take some explaining to everyone else. Another thing which had been weighing heavier and heavier on Harley's mind was that Peter had yet to show up to the spot and Harley was slowly beginning to give up hope, as he'd never broken a promise before.

May, Tony and his friends made their speeches but before they finished the entire thing, May gave him a small push and announced, "Harley has a speech to make!" There was a burst of almost muted murmuring spreading across the people there while Harley made his way to the front. He cleared his throat, "I'm not blaming you all for being confused as to why I'm up here, but I know that if I don't do this I'll never forgive myself. He was my brother, biologically. We grew up together, doing everything together, including moving here and building a life which had previously only been a dream. Thankfully we were both accepted into the Stark internship program but I know at if one of us didn't get it the other would have declined so we weren't separated. And we were together for the final few moments, I'm not sure if that makes things better or worse. But he wouldn't want us to all remember this as a tragedy, rather only all the happy memories we have. So, I guess this is the final goodbye..." they threw the ashes across the city he had given everything to protect.

Harley had slept at their spot the night after the funeral, knowing that if there was nothing today then there would never be. He woke with a small husky pup curled in his arms, but also remarkably warm considering he'd slept outside throughout the night without even a blanket. The pup woke and rather than leaving as Harley had expected, it let out an adorable yawn, then began talking - wait talking? "Yes, are you back with me now? Good. See I told you I'd come back! I mean this isn't what I was expecting, but it works! You CAN understand what I'm saying right? None of the others seem to be able to."
"Yeah... Yeah, I can," Harley slowly shook himself out of his stupor, "Well, you finally came, now what? And really, a white coat?"
"I didn't choose, alright? And I think Tony's made that decision for you," Peter puffed up his fur against the wind as Harley stood up. He was just small enough that he could fit on Harley's shoulder and make him scream and giggle the whole way back and then slide back into Harley's arms when he got out of the armour that had been sent to retrieve him. May and Pepper were instantly in love with the puppy he brought home with him while Tony was failing to argue that it would be too much work and destruction. Wanda walked in, assessed the situation, then left to get supplies from the nearest pet store, effectively shutting up Tony's complaints.

It had been a couple of weeks after Harley brought the puppy home and so far, Wanda was the only other person to find out, by reading Peter's mind, which was somewhat cheating but oh well. Peter helped Harley with homework and the two never left each other's sides when Harley was off school, came in the limo with Happy to pick him up but for the hours Harley was away Peter followed Mr Stark around determinedly, despite the man's frequent protests he couldn't stand animals. Besides, Peter had experienced first hand the belly rubs he could give when no one was around. Everyone obviously became obsessed with having some time with him, to the extent that they had to create a rota for who he spent time with each day. There was something only Harley knew about though: Peter could grow and age however he chose, which was normally to remain a puppy unless something threatened Harley, which he'd witnessed.

They had been out walking, heading back to the Tower when some idiot had dragged Harley into an alley (New York had too many of them, come to think of it). Peter had appeared from behind him, fully grown, hackles raised and barked, which caused the idiot to run away. Peter had then laid down and curled around Harley who was fairly shaken and they both agreed to not mention it. The one thing that somewhat annoyed Peter was the name Harley had chosen for him, but he supposed he could live with it as they didn't use it when they knew no one else was close enough to hear. "Bambi!" Harley had returned from school then, "Guess who got a trip around his own home?"
"Lucky you," Peter panted as he skidded into the room, "You know I'm coming to cause some chaos right?" Harley groaned.

It was the day of the trip and Peter had decided today would be the perfect opportunity to join Harley at school. "You are really lucky you haven't destroyed my books," Harley was understandably quite angry, but Peter wagged his tail at him and he couldn't help but cave. He rolled his eyes, "Just stay hidden."
"Bit late for that!" Peter jumped out of the bag and onto Harley's lap, they were sat on the bus at this point, right as Ned looked over. To give Ned some credit, he stayed quiet, only glancing at Harley then down at the puppy. "Yes, he's mine. No, he's not supposed to be here. Yes, you can tell MJ about him," Harley quickly explained, then muttered, "It's a very good thing we're visiting home." Ned fanboyed about THE Avengers Tower being called home so somehow Harley and the puppy stared at him in disappointment. The rest of the drive was short and much sooner than Harley wanted they'd arrived at the tower.

The tour had been going quite well actually, only a few interns and staff had come up to him asking where his puppy was, which had then led to a short explanation about his dog. Clearly, he had thought too soon, as minutes later Wanda rushed past, then backtracked, "Have you seen him? It's meant to be my day but I'm not at all shocked he ran off after hearing you enter."
"Yes... Yes, I have," Harley replied, then to the teacher's horror a furry head poked up from Harley's bag. Then a body followed it and Harley crouched so that Peter could run to Wanda without injuring himself, then he stood back up and slowly spun to face his teacher and class, "Nope, I'm not explaining this! Bye!" And he was gone.

Words: 1405
Edited