Just Tell Me!

Peter groaned, the lava did not feel nice, nor could his super-healing protect him from it. Which is why he now had a metal arm he created the day after his fight with the fire elemental. No, he did not have any good reason for trying to catch the lava it threw at him. This was going to be so hard to explain if Ned, MJ or Mr Stark saw that broadcast. On the other hand, he could tick making a realistic prosthetic, and something to hide it in less than one night off his bucket list.

Back to where we were, Mr Stark had just asked him what he thought lava felt like, as he had only heard about the elemental. He hissed, then dug a deeper hole by saying, "Wouldn't you like to know weather boy? Tell you about it later dad!" There was a beat of silence as Peter slowly stood up, then ran out of the building screaming.

Natasha walked in on Tony sitting in the lab alone and in tears. She heaved a long sigh, 2 am was not the right time to deal with this sort of stuff," So what happened, worst to best?"
"We were having a discussion about what lava felt like and he heavily implied he already knew. He told me using a vine reference. Then he called me dad! But ran out of the building screaming..." Tony burst into fresh tears, so much for a cold-hearted businessman.
" You're right, that's a roller-coaster. I'll get Sam." Natasha failed to mention that she would interrogate Peter at the same time.

"Hey, мама паук!" Peter cringed, she already knew something was wrong and he just seemed even more suspicious.
"Ребенок паук. Do you want to explain last night?" Natasha asked sternly.
"Нет. Пака gotta go present for my science fair!" Peter was almost a blur as he sped out of the building.

The camera zoomed in on Peter as in the distance someone announced he was presenting. After presenting his project people asked questions, his principal asked," Mr Parker, you were told to make a model of this, and while the hologram is detailed it cannot be tested. Do you have a prototype?"
Everyone gasped as Peter took off the arm and just answered, "I made this the night before last, and have been testing it for the past two days in which it has been fully functional."
"Eddie Brock from the Bugle. Why did you wait so long to make this and if you don't mind, how did you lose your arm?" Something about Eddie seemed vaguely familiar but Peter ignored that.
"Don't work for them anymore. And to answer both questions, I only needed it when I started making it after I tried to catch lava," He shrugged sheepishly.
"Quentin Beck from the Globe. What did lava feel like?" Now, this dude set off his Spider-Sense, so obviously, Peter decided to annoy him. He waited in silence for a few minutes. He appeared to be thinking, then after the bell rang he answered, "No comment, time's up so bye!" Then sprinted out of the school, barely keeping his super-speed in check.

Him and Aunt May were eating from the buffet Tony had paid for after Peter called him. "So how did the science fair go honey?" May just let Peter push her towards the restaurant.
"Really well May!" He made a shooing gesture at the reporters following them and hissed, "For the sixth time I'm not telling what lava feels like!"
"What was that?"
"Nothing!"

They made it through the meal, May getting slightly suspicious about how everyone acted around them. Peter brushed it all off as the Stark internship and she let it be, knowing he'd explain when ready. That turned out to be the next day, Peter ran into the room on his way to school and rambled, "HiMaytodayisgoingtobeterrobleseveryonewillaskwhatlavafeelslikeandidontknowhowtoexplainiatesomuchiregrewmyarmandtheavengersaregoingtoteasemesobadwhentheyhearicalledtonydadwhotextedmeandaskedicontinuedoingitandnedsgoingtovallmealiarandaskloadsofquestionsandmjwillknoweverythingbyemay!"
She just shook her head and waved him out of the door.

Peter ended up bringing Ned to the tower with him and to announce his presence chucked the prosthetic to Tony and yelled," Dad I got a gift for you I regrew it. Also, Ned's here!"
Ned almost fainted from fanboying when THE Tony Stark called back, "kay we can work on it with Bruce this weekend. And you will answer what it feels like without using a vine or meme."
"First of all, it's Friday. Second No, no I don't think I will," Peter leads Ned to the kitchen, where Steve's serving food, "Seriously son? I never said that."
All four of them (Wanda and Pietro had been in there as well) shrugged in sync and walked out. They all sit down at last and Natasha inputs, "Next time you do a thing like that, or call Tony dad, do it at a reasonable hour, not 2 am." So that was how they spent their evening interrogating Peter and being amused by how stubbornly he refused to tell any of them how it felt.

Words: 888
Edited