Not Your Shadow Pt2

This should be happier(?) and weirder. They're all like 20 or close to.

3 years had passed since Peter started a new lifestyle. He had been adopted by Strange and got all his qualifications, but stayed so far off the grid, not even Stark could find him. He had developed a new alter ego, Ghost, that no longer remained in Queens and covered all of New York. Not even JJJ could fault him because he wasn't known to exist. He had his own company that MJ and Ned helped him run, MJ acted as a fill-in CEO or head of PR while Ned picked interns and lead the tech side of the company. He had roped his old friends Harry and Gwen into it, who had only agreed to annoy Stark.

So maybe the company wasn't just his... But rather Oscorp, now co-owned by him and Harry. They had completely changed it as they now focused on medical products based off the Web fluid formula. However, it included tech and the interns and workers were allowed to make whatever they wanted and were accepted if they had the right qualities and intelligence, regardless of their age. They did try to avoid taking anyone under 15, but tours were given and the building was quite open to the general public. It only got attacked once a year and those were stopped without hero interference but it was so communal that the villain would stop and join the therapy sessions.

The only reason they hadn't pushed Stark off best company yet was probably because of their youth. People would come to them first so long as they had the chance and they were slowly (quickly) expanding the business to have international contacts. There wasn't any way for things to improve, Peter believed. He was well aware that things could go wrong and wasn't ignorant to the requests the staff made, in fact, more often than not he would improve it within the day.

It was different at Stark Industries. The team never got back together and Tony wasn't sad, per se as he had Harley, but he regretted not being able to introduce his Spiderkid to his other kid. The tower was quieter and work often had mistakes or would take ages to be approved. Production was slowing but it didn't matter because Oscorp of all companies was stealing most of their clients. The worst time was when a school that had been trying to get a tour for 3 years stopped trying when emailed they said they were booked for an Oscorp tour and given permission minutes after the email was sent

Ned and MJ were still kind of salty about that. They had walked into the building and instantly been swarmed in the most respectful way possible. It had been worthwhile to watch Flash's reaction when Harry and Peter came out of an elevator to welcome them. Cindy had fainted upon noticing that they were leading the tour while Betty followed MJ around until Peter took sympathy and agreed that she and Gwen would do an interview. MJ retaliated, but it was possibly her worst one to date. "Sometimes I really hate that you're my boss! If I'm doing this you have to do a Q&A for everyone."

"Okay. Hey, Cali was there anything on the agenda for tomorrow?" Peter replied calmly. The rest of the class were stunned - by what people are still unsure of to this day - to the point where they were silent. Mr Harrington was fine with extending the trip another day as this place was safer than SI, so he didn't risk losing another student. It was proven when Vulture attacked but instead of rushing to get the suit they merely locked down the room and Harry actually lead them there. Peter made the glass clear so they could all watch when he stepped in and hear as he diffused the situation. "Hey, Adrien. If you want I can have a private jet and 500mil for you to start a new life with your family ready by tomorrow. If not Cali can set up a facetime for you and your family right now."

Toomes had literally sat on the floor as the armour fell off and by the time the tour finished he was on the way to Oregon to pick up Liz and his wife. It was later that day that things started to change, whether for the better or worse was still unclear.

Words: 753
Edited