All The Tricks!

Have I ever participated in Halloween and do I ever plan on doing so? Nope. Am I writing a one-shot anyway? Duh. There's like really obvious inspiration drawn from Michael Grant's Gone at first but that fades pretty quickly as we return to my usual weirdness.

Harley plonked himself down in Peter's lap, "I need you to be my boyfriend when we go down to my place for Halloween."
Peter looked up at him, eyes wide, "Huh?"
"When we take Mo down to Rose Hill to go trick or treating with my Ma and Abby, I need you to pretend to be my boyfriend so they aren't disappointed."
"Wha- Sure. Fine, I can do that. What do I need to do exactly?"
"What are you losers doing now? Good choice leaving my seat free, Keener." MJ slid into one of the free seats at the table.
Peter wrapped an arm around Harley's waist, holding him steady, "I'm fake dating Harls for Halloween, apparently."
Flash stopped at their table, "Michelle, Parker, Keener, I'm having a party. Halloween, 8:30 don't be late."
"No can do, we've got a date," Harley dismissed him. Flash opened his mouth, closed it again, spun and walked away.
"Did I miss something?" Ned looked around the table, bewildered.
"We're practicing so it's believable for Harls' mom and sister," Peter explained.
"So mostly couply things if that's ok? Like hand holding, sitting next to each other, cuddling. Umm, I'm a kisser so we don't have to do lips on lips but they will be expecting me to kiss your cheeks, forehead, hands, etcetera. Will that be alright?"
"I'm trying to eat over here," MJ complained.
"Show me?" Peter requested. Harley twisted to press a quick kiss into his hair, blushing. Ned almost dropped his fork. Someone else in the cafeteria did. "That's good."
"Oh! Almost forgot, we're going to have to share a bed!" Harley didn't sound particularly dismayed at this.
"We've done that loads already?" Peter shrugged. Ned dropped his spoon. MJ got up and left. Harley continued sitting in Peter's lap.

Harley parked his truck in the driveway and the group all climbed out. He stared as Peter stretched, shrugging and lifting an elbow towards the window when their eyes met. He pulled the bags out of the back of the truck, smiling to himself as he overheard Peter check that Morgan had her plushie. He dropped the final bag on the floor and was wrapped in a hug from his mother, which he returned, "Missed you too, Ma!"
"Now, who's this cutie-pie?"
"This is Morgan, Mechanic's daughter."
"Hi!" Morgan waved from behind Peter's legs, who had moved to stand next to Harley.
"And the awkward one?" Harley hooked Peter closer to him at his sister's question.
"I'm Peter. Parker."
"Darlin, you're supposed to let me introduce you!" Harley whined. Peter stuck his tongue out at him, so Harley followed his instincts and kissed his head.
His mom laughed at him, then began directing them, "Abby, you show Morgan your room, and I'll take Pete while Harley brings the bags in." Feeling Peter gulp, Harley squeezed his hand and then released him.

When they were reunited and alone in the room, Harley smirked, "She give you the shovel talk?"
Peter shuddered, "Why are all the women in your life utterly terrifying?"
He tried not to laugh, "I know your Aunt, and she isn't terrifying."
"She can be."
Silence fell for a few moments while neither knew what to say. Harley broke it, "Bed?"
He waited while Peter looked between him and the bed, then was ashamed to admit he squeaked when Peter took his t-shirt off in one fluid movement. Peter raised an eyebrow, "The spider suit doesn't hide anything." He managed to silence his disagreement, instead getting changed and sliding into the bed, pressing his back against the bed to try to make room for both of them without them pressing against each other. Peter climbed in and they lay in the dark, unable to fall asleep. His eyes flew open when he felt Peter roll over, fling his arms around him, and tuck his head against his neck. He tensed, mind just repeatedly blaring 'I did not think this through!'. From beneath him, Peter grumbled, "You hold me too, I don't wanna fall off." Harley carefully slid his arms around the gorgeous, gorgeous boy he had fallen for as soon as they met, and tried to relax. Somewhere in the universe, was a being that existed purely to make his life torture.