Kindly Think A Bit Quieter

*Italics*=thought

It had been a long battle against Thanos and everyone was clearly tiring. It was obvious in how Steve took longer trying to call Stormbreaker or Mjolnir to him. However apparently being dust for five years gives you more energy, or perhaps its just Peter's youth, we'll never know. To Tony's distress, Peter got the gauntlet and prepared to snap, but just before he managed it Captain Marvel joined him and somehow managed to share the power of the gauntlet. (*the readers know it's the power of Fanfic* **shut up Wade**)
The last things Peter was aware of was flying backwards and Tony catching him in a hug, he thinks he probably muttered about this being nice again.

He blinked groggily, then rapidly shut his eyes again - everything was too bright, too loud - but even with them closed he could still hear several people rushing towards him. "He'll probably be close to sensory overload, don't overwhelm him," that was Bruce forwarding what Helen Cho had told him. After all, he isn't that kind of doctor. He had adapted to the light now, but there were still far too many voices as he focused on Tony. "How are you bud?" Tony tried to seem calm '*you've been asleep for a month, you're healing should have worked better*'
"I'VE BEEN ASLEEP FOR HOW LONG?" Peter shot upright, immediately having to grab onto the bed to stay up. '*I'm pretty sure I didn't say that out loud?*' pushing the thought away Tony continued, "Cap can carry you to your room, and we'll explain what happened. Steve?"

He was carried up the stairs despite his protests that he could walk and sat in bed again where Pepper and Tony perched at the edges of the bed. He felt physically fine but there was a sense of dreading clamping around his heart at the expressions on their faces. After glancing at one another, Tony began, "You and Captain Marvel snapped and most of the stones returned to where they were meant to be, apart from Soul and Mind, which couldn't be found. You were asleep for a month - I didn't mention that out loud earlier did I Pep?"
Pepper continued from him, "No you didn't. Anyway, the team and some doctors and nurses are the only ones that have seen you during that time. We didn't let your friends know as they weren't aware of your alter ego. They've been messaging you every day but we couldn't say anything to either of them." she paused for a moment and smiled softly '*your friend MJ terrifies Tony, he went between wondering what new threat she had for him, to how you were doing continuously*'

Peter chuckled and both adults looked at him confused. He struggled to come up with a plausible lie after realising the bit about MJ wasn't said out loud. "I was imagining how MJ was investigating why she hadn't been able to call me a loser for a while," his voice grew steadier at the end, confident with what he was saying. '*The reality will be starting to hit him, must be what prompted that.*' they thought simultaneously while standing, "We'll leave you to rest now okay? Friday can get us if you need anything." They left the room quietly, leaving Peter alone with his thoughts until he went back to sleep. Something was wrong, he'd heard several things they'd definitely not said out loud, but couldn't work out why or what to do about it, so let the darkness overtake him again.

Words: 613
Edited