Not Your Shadow

So this is like as close as I can get to angst.

As he lay there under the rubble, he wondered how his life became this way. He was only sixteen yet he had already lost all of his family, Toomes killed Aunt May after dropping them off at Homecoming. Now he had no suit, nobody that cared and no way to contact them anyway. Then he realised something, he still had his friends and he needed to prove that Toomes wouldn't get away with what he did. Thinking of Ned & MJ gave him the boost he needed, throwing off the debris he raced away to recover.

Just because he had freed himself didn't mean that he was going to continue the fight with the Vulture in the air. He had some common sense and no longer needed to prove his worth to Stark which made him more sensible. As soon as Vulture landed with the tech he took him down, unleashing his full fury and power while staying true to his no-killing rule. The tech was safe now but Happy hadn't been notified of what happened therefore no one would come for it.

He'd been pondering for approximately an hour when the wizard came past and immediately came over. "You're Peter Parker, right? I viewed 14,000,605 possibilities and this is the one where the future is best for you. But only if you come with me." Peter stared at him for a minute, seemingly coming to a conclusion because he stood up and gestured to the stuff." You'll help me get this to where it needs to be? And I know this is a lot to ask but can you help me stay away from any orphanages? They'll make Spidermanning hard."

"Here's the deal kid. I'll adopt you and teach you the mystic arts in exchange for you dropping out of school and not be Spiderman any more." Strange paused and noticed how Peter was about to protest. "You can still contact your friends just not with technology. And if you're that desperate to help then make a new alter ego. I'm off to get you some clothes while you think about my proposition." With that Strange portalled away.

Clearly, his offer had been accepted because when he came back Peter had stood up holding a box. He threw the clothes towards him then opened a portal that took Peter to his room. After Peter re-emerged and stuffed his old suit in a box, Strange demonstrated how to make a portal and was shocked when Peter managed it on his second try.

Peter carried the boxes into the storage room outside of Stark's lab. What he saw just before leaving the tower for the final time cemented his feeling that he was doing the man a favour by leaving his life. There was a blond-haired teenager doing actual work, probably Stark's adopted son or something. "Bye FRIDAY," he said, the only things he would miss were the bots and AIs. He left before Tony looked up and tried to figure out where he had been.

As they prepared to travel to the sanctum Peter began to hold his head higher, no longer the nerdy kid that tried to prove themselves. He strode through the portal with purpose, a young man with a bright future who had the skills and determination to go far and do great things. Especially as he was no longer trapped under the shadow of Tony Stark.

Words: 666
Edited