Did You See That?

There's something that no one other than Peter and his closest family, last blood relative, Aunt May knows about. What is that secret (let's be real you didn't ask)? Well - Peter is blind. He wasn't born blind, which is how he understands different colours, rather became blind either in the plane crash or when the spider bit him. Let's skip ahead about ten years: he has two reliable friends in Ned and MJ, who still have no clue and his bully Flash, which to give him some credit has never knowingly picked on someone disabled. Urgh, he hated that word. He was equally, if not more capable than all his peers and thanks to the spider bite had heightened touch and hearing (smell and taste as well, but that's irrelevant). Which he took full advantage of, as his enhanced hearing could pick up on a frequency that worked like echolocation, we'll call it echolocation as no one tried to find out what it is. The school had also implemented a plan that they only used technology for as many subjects as possible, which also meant they were allowed to have headphones in to listen back to their work. Or replay a more detailed version of the instructions if they needed.

Peter had managed to get a real internship under Mr Stark, rather than the fake thing they were using to cover up Spider-man. Which is why when they had to start homeschooling (long story involving alien diseases) he had to stay at the tower with the Avengers, anyone's dream come true. Well anyone other than Peter, who's first thought was yay, finally satisfying the metabolism! He quickly realised that he was probably going to have to tell them about his lack of sight, which he really, really didn't want to do - Mr Stark was enough of a helicopter parent already. Not to mention that someone else Tony (better get used to calling him that, as there was no way he could keep calling him Mr Stark for however long this was meant to last) knew from a number of years back was also going to be staying with them. Where does he even find these teenagers anyway?

~ Right, that's a long recap, but what comes next would make no sense without it. ~

It was an average afternoon in the workshop, calm while Peter either did schoolwork or worked one of his projects. Thankfully he'd been given his own soundproof room as long as he went up for meals at some point, which FRIDAY notified them of. So he didn't bother locking the door very often unless he'd been warned a tour would come by, multi-tasking between a project and using the speech to text tool he'd incorporated while building an AI for his Starkpad. So, I'm assuming that we can all imagine his surprise when someone enters and calls out, "Old man? You in here?" then upon seeing just Peter in the room breathes, "Hot. You're gonna be mine."

"What?" obviously Peter was still pretty oblivious in the love department but he turned around, laughing sweetly at the choking noises coming from Harley, "Tony's a floor above, but he'll be at meetings currently." Much to Harley's pleasure, Peter admits that he's done everything he has to today and is free to go around the city, "C'mon then darlin'!" Peter didn't have much of a choice other than to grab his phone and follow Harley out of the building, waving bye to the receptionist, who smiled knowingly and made the motion of zipping her lips, and Harley looked like a beetroot come to life as he exited. Peter had no clue what had happened, nor knowing what it meant carried on daydreaming about Harley's accent (if you love it that much just start a conversation (;>_<;) )

Clearly, he must have sensed that Peter didn't have any preference about where they went so Harley led the way to the nearest subway. Looking at the board, Peter asked, "When's the next train? Never mind it's arriving now."
As soon as he got over the mini heart attack Peter's voice gave him, he started processing what had actually been said, "Wait how come you didn't just read what the board showed?"
"I'll explain later-" he would? Yes, he would. He felt a connection to Harley, an invisible thread, cringe as it may seem, keeping them together through everything that Parker luck hurled at them. They made it to Delmar's quite easily, occasionally relying on Peter's spider-sense to stop them getting run over and bought their sandwiches after Peter made Harley's heart melt a bit more, conversing fluently in Spanish.