48

Aliyah

I somehow talked myself into getting ready and going to Niall's right this moment.

So, now here I am.

At his front door.

"Can we talk?" I asked Niall once he opened the front door.

He opened the door further to let me in without saying anything to me.

"Before you say anything I want to explain some things to you," I said to him as we stood in the entryway. He nodded and had me continue what I had been saying. "Is Mully here?"

I looked up at him and be shook his head.

I took a deep breath before continuing what I was saying. "I realized that you are nothing like my ex, and you most likely never will be," I told him.

"From the first time we met you've treated me way better than he ever did when we were together for a couple of years. I find that crazy, but then I realized that it's just who you are. You're the kindest, sweetest, most caring person I've ever met in my entire life. Over this last week, I've also come to the conclusion that I love you. That's why I had to gather up the nerve to come here today. I needed you to know because you had the guts to tell me. I didn't want to keep that in and be selfish. I needed you to know,"

I looked up at him once again and saw his face. He had the smallest smile.

And that made me really happy.

Happy to see his smile again for the first time in a long time.

And especially happy to see that I was the reason behind it.

"The love that I had for you is completely different from what I thought what love was when I was with Jared. And it's all because of you," I told him with a smile. "You're the reason why I actually know what it feels like to love someone. So thank you. So much,"

He continued waiting until I was fully done with what I had to say before he had said anything.

I nodded signaling I was done and he could say what he had to.

"You're welcome," he answered. "I'm glad I could do that for you,"

"I'm willing to give you a chance," I quickly told him. "I have been thinking a lot the past few days, and I want to try us," I further explained.

"I don't think I would be able to go through a break up with you though, so please don't hurt me, that's all I'm asking," I said as tears started to form in my eyes.

"I can't promise you that I won't hurt you, but I can promise that there will be no breakups,"

"Can I kiss you?" I asked him.

"Are you going to run away again?"

"Never again,"

He didn't wait for a second longer before bringing his hands to my face and kissing me.

"Thank you," he mumbled into the kiss.

"For what?"

"Giving me a chance. Loving me. Just being here,"

"You can thank my mom for that," I said back. "She called me and said that when she calls me tomorrow that I better tell her what she wants to hear,"

"Which is?"

"Us,"

Niall pulled out his phone and took a picture of us smiling.

"What are you doing?" I questioned him.

"Sending this to your mom," he said back just before hitting send.

"Oh, god," I said putting my face in my hands.

"Relax, she'll love it," he said as he pulled my hands away and hugged me.

"I know she will, it's just uh," I started but was too nervous to finish.

"Hmm? Tell me," he said pulling back.

"What if this doesn't work out?" I asked genuinely concerned.

"Personally, I don't see either of us going anywhere. We both like to stick to what makes us feel happy and good and I think that is each other for the both of us,"

"I just don't want to end up breaking up and I never see you again. The past couple months have been hell for me. I need you in my life," I sighed.

"As long as you don't want me to leave, then I won't. I'm all yours,"

"I'm all yours as well," I smiled.

He kissed my cheek and smiled down at me. "You know what we haven't done in a long while?"

"Hmm?"

"We haven't cuddled in the longest time. I miss it,"

"Have you been watching our show without me?"

Niall and I started watching Criminal Minds June of last year. We've only managed to get to season 5 since then due to both of our busy schedules.

"I couldn't," he sighed. "I tried but kept thinking of you. I only got through one whole episode," he explained.

"Looks like we've got some catching up to do," I smiled as I took his hand and led him over to the couch.

"When do you have to work next?" He asked as he turned on the TV and layed on the couch.

I climbed on the inside part of the couch and cuddled up next to him. "I haven't booked anything lately so I'm not sure, why?"

"I've got a few days before anything planned, so we'll be here the next couple days binge-watching this. I hope you don't mind," he said as Netflix loaded and be pressed play.

"I don't mind one bit," I smiled.

***