Bonus Chapter 10 - Mothers and Fathers Day

Aliyah

Mothers Day

"Baby," I heard. "Wake up,"

I groaned and did my best to roll away from the sound of the voices. I rolled over to the other side of the bed and even pulled the blanket fully over my entire body, but the voices and sounds didn't seem to go away at all. I think they just keep getting closer and louder.

"Mama,"

"Somebody wants you to wake up,"

"Go away," I said.

I felt the bed shift in the smallest amount. I heard many different noises getting closer and closer to me. I took the blanket off of me and looked over. I saw Aven on her hands and knees with the biggest smile on her face. Just seeing her in that state made me instantly smile.

"Happy mothers day," Niall said to me as he climbed into the bed as well.

Today was mothers day. May 10th, 2020. I knew that mothers day was this month, but I guess I didn't care enough to know the exact date. I didn't realize that mothers day was such a great day. This was my first year where I was a mother myself, so I guess that changes my perspective for this day.

"Thank you," I mumbled as I grabbed Aven to bring her closer to me.

"Mama," Aven said once again.

"Hi Ave," I smiled.

"You stay here, I'm making you breakfast," Niall pointed at me before he left our room.

"What have you and daddy been up to this morning?" I asked Aven even though I knew she couldn't speak in full sentences.

"Dada," she said, which made me laugh.

"Yes, dada," I nodded.

Aven has been saying mama and dada for almost 2 weeks now. It was one of the cutest things I've ever heard. She ended up saying dada first, but that didn't surprise me one bit. She truly loved Niall a lot so her saying dada first was what I expected from her.

"You wanna go see what daddy is doing?" I asked her as I climbed out of bed.

"Dada," she said yet again.

I took that as a yes. I picked her up and placed her on my hip. I left our bedroom and made my way into the kitchen. Willie was sitting down on the couch when I passed by the living room.

"Happy mothers day, Aliyah," he said.

"Thank you, Willie," I nodded.

I entered the kitchen to see Niall placing food on a plate. He didn't notice me at first so I decided to keep watching him.

He turned around and saw me standing there with Aven. "You were supposed to stay in bed,"

"I wanted to see what you were doing in here," I answered. "And this one couldn't stop saying dada," I smiled down at Aven.

"I told her that her word today was supposed to be mama," he said as he came closer to a smiling Aven.

Aven will usually change up her word for a day. Sometimes she'll only say mama and the next she'll only say dada. I guess when Niall told her that her word for the day was mama, she didn't know what the day was. So, today was a dada day even though it was mothers day. I didn't care at all because I loved hearing her say whatever.

"She doesn't realize," I said.

"She will next year," he said. "Go sit down so I can bring you your food,"

I left the kitchen to go sit down at the dining table. I put Aven in her small high chair and got her ready to eat the small amount of food that she could. Niall came in soon after with two plates in his hands. He placed a plate in front of me and the other one next to me. He sat down and began eating the food that he prepared.

"You know that you didn't have to make breakfast this morning," I said as I gave Aven a small piece of my pancake.

"I know that, but I wanted to," he said. "It is mothers day and you're the mother. You shouldn't have to do anything today,"

"Then I hope you know that when your day comes around, it's going to be the same as it is today," I looked over at him.

"Not happening," he said.

"I will lock you in our bedroom if I have to," I warned.

"Will you now?" he grinned.

"Not like that," I shook my head and continued to eat.

Today was going to be a good day. Even though I didn't know what the plans were, I knew it was going to be a good day. As long as I had Niall and Aven by my side.

***
Fathers Day

Today was fathers day.

I was very excited about this day because I knew that Niall was excited about it. It was his first fathers day and I wanted to show him how much I appreciated him.

He is such a great father to Aven. I couldn't have asked for a better person to be her dad. He cared and loved her so much it was insane.

There are times when women worry about whether the father of their children will love and care about them as much as they did. I didn't have to worry about any of that because I knew that he would. I knew he would care about her. I knew he would love her no matter what. I knew that he would be there for the big things and the little things. He would be there for anything that was to happen with her.

"Niall," I dragged out as I came over to his side of the bed with Aven in my arms. "It's the day you've been waiting for,"

"I'm sleeping," he sighed.

"Someone doesn't want you to be asleep anymore," I said as I placed Aven on top of his body.

She began rocking back and forth on top of him. She was bound to fall off if she kept doing this, but Niall reacted fast. He instantly wrapped his hands around her and steadied her.

"Dada!" she yelled.

Niall laughed at her excitement of seeing Niall.

"I told you," I laughed as well. "Happy fathers day,"

"Thank you, Liyah," he yawned. "What are we doing today?"

"What would you like to do today?" I asked back. "It's your day, you choose,"

"I'll think about that, but I want to go back to sleep," he said, shutting his eyes.

"I don't think she's going to let you do that," I laughed as Aven hit his chest over and over. "I'm gonna go make breakfast, you have fun trying to get back to sleep with her,"

"I'll try my best," he laughed.

***