1

Aliyah

"Hurry up, Aliyah you're going to be late!" my make-up artist, Mariah, yelled at me.

"I'm going, I'm going, I just need to put my shoes on," I told her walking into my closet to find the heels I was wearing tonight.

I grabbed my white heels from the bottom shelf in my closet. I sat down on the seat at the end of my bed and put them on. I stood up, grabbed my clutch and my phone, and walked downstairs where my manager, Brandon, was stood.

"I'm ready to go now," I said to him.

"Alright, let's go then, we're behind schedule," he said and led me out of the front door.

*

I have just arrived at the award show. It was now time to walk on the red carpet and I'm more nervous than I have ever been for something like this.

"I'm nervous," I whisper to Brandon.

"It's okay to be nervous Aliyah. A lot of people get nervous for this type of stuff,"

"But I normally don't get nervous about red carpets or award shows," I explain to him starting to get anxious.

"You'll be fine, you've done many of these before, today is no different," Brandon had said.

"Will you walk with me?" I ask as we get closer.

"You know that I can't, but I will be waiting for you at the entrance of the building,"

"Ok, thanks anyway. You better be right there when I'm done," I point at him.

"I will now go before people get mad at you for not being on time," Brandon said and walked towards the entrance.

"It's going to be okay. You've done this before," Mariah had come up to me.

"Thanks. You should probably go by Brandon or you won't be able to get in,"

"Good luck, Aliyah," she had said and walked towards Brandon.

It was now my turn to walk on the red carpet. I still have no idea why I'm this nervous. I've done this many times before. I've even done this in front of more people than are here right now!

"Aliyah! Over here!" a photographer yelled.

"Ms. Brock! Look over here!" another yelled.

I walked on the carpet for 5 minutes, turning in every direction, and letting the photographers take pictures. The carpet ended and just like he promised, Brandon was waiting for me right at the entrance. I walked up to him and immediately felt relieved. I was surrounded by people that I am familiar with.

"You did well. It wasn't that bad now, was it?" Mariah asked me.

"I guess not, but I still don't like doing those," I said and started walking around the big room to look for my seat.

I finally found my seat after looking for it for almost 10 minutes. I looked at my surroundings and saw who I was going to be seated by. There is a band that I've heard of that is sitting to the left of me and a couple of actors and actresses to my right.

*

I was now in my seat with Brandon and Mariah sitting next to me. The show was about to start and the band that I've heard of are in their seats. I really want to talk to the one that is next to me so that I can talk to him during the show but knowing me, I'm way too nervous for that.

"Looks like we're going to be sitting next to each other tonight," I heard from beside me.

"Seems like it. I'm Aliyah, and you are?" I asked him.

"I'm Niall Horan, you might know me from the band One Direction," he had said.

"Oh, that's right, I've listened to you guys before, you guys are pretty good," I complimented him.

"Thanks," he said right when the award show started.

*

"The next category is Female Actress," the host said.

This is my category. I'm so nervous about this.

"You'll be fine, Aliyah," Mariah said next to me.

"I want to win, but I have no idea what I'm going to say," I said as they started saying the nominees.

"The nominees for Female Actress are Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Stone, Aliyah Brock, Emma Watson, and Kristen Stewart,"

"Come on, come on, come on," Mariah whispered next to me.

"And the winner is! Aliyah Brock!"

"Oh my god, I won!" I said standing up.

"You won, you won, go up there," Mariah said after hugging me.

I walked up to the stage and hugged the host. Now I have to say a speech that I haven't prepared.

"Well, I haven't prepared a speech for this because I had no idea that I would win this award. So I'm just going to wing it. Thank you to all of the fans that have voted for me and for believing in me. Thank you to my parents and my amazing brother, who I hope to see soon, and thanks to my team and everyone that has helped me get to where I am today. Thank you for this awesome award, I love you guys," I said into the microphone before walking off the stage.

I walked backstage and put my award where they directed me to. I then walked back to my seat and Mariah congratulated me once again.

"Congrats on the award," Niall had said to me.

"Thank you. Are you nominated for anything tonight?" I asked him.

"6 categories tonight," he mentioned.

"I hope you win them then. So good luck,"

"Thanks. Are you going to the after-party tonight?" he asked me.

"I might go for an hour or two, I have an early call time for tomorrow,"

"Well, I hope to see you there then," he said to me as the next category was being called.

***

Looks like I have started another book. I have had this idea for the longest time, so I really hope you enjoy it as I do.