26

Aliyah

Today was gonna be rough. I didn't get much sleep last night, but my body was done sleeping. Jet lag was a pain. I guess that's what happens when you change to a different time zone halfway across the world.

As of right now, I was contemplating on if I should get out of bed or try and go back to sleep. I mean it's only four in the morning. I guess my body was awake for the day.

I climbed out of bed and decided to start my day a couple hours earlier than I had originally planned. I used the bathroom and put my hair up into a messy bun. After that I left my room and headed in the direction of the kitchen.

I noticed a dim light was lit in the dining room. I walked in the direction and saw Niall sitting there by himself drinking coffee and looking outside.

"Why are you up?" I asked him.

"Jet lag," he mumbled.

"Looks like we're both gonna have rough days,"

"Yeah,"

I made my way into the kitchen and poured myself some coffee before going back into the dining room and sitting across from Niall at the table.

Niall

Jet lag was something else. I went to bed at a normal time. 10 p.m. I woke up at 3 this morning. Instead of wasting my time of trying to fall back to sleep when I know it wouldn't happen, I got up and decided I should start my day.

I've been sitting in the dining room for the past half an hour drinking coffee and looking at the dark London sky. I've been thinking a lot about everything I could. The good, the bad, and everything in between.

I think the reason I woke up so early, besides having jet lag, was because of the dream I was having.

You know those dreams that you have that feel so real? The ones where when you wake up, you're really sad because it was all your imagination? It was one of those.

In my dream Aliyah and I were together. Not just friends, but actually dating. We were the happiest  we could've been.

When I woke up and realized it was just my brain playing tricks on me, I honestly wanted to cry. I've never had a dream that felt so much like reality. A reality I desperately wanted.

Maybe I should just tell her. Telling her could possibly make that amazing dream into the reality I've wanted for so long. That would be the positive aspect of it.

But then there is all of the negatives.

She could reject me.

She could stop talking to me in general. I pray she doesn't ever just leave me in the dust. I think that would actually break me.

Would if she just leaves my life and pretends we never even knew each other. That would actually break me.

Why am I doing this to myself?

I'm hurting my own feelings. And at what cost?

There's a chance.

It might be small, but it's still a chance. At this point I will take any chance I have.

"Why are you up?" Aliyah asked taking me out of my thoughts.

"Jet lag," I mumbled softly.

"Looks like we're both gonna have rough days,"

"Yeah,"

"Why do you seem so sad?" she asked me when she came back from the kitchen.

"Just been thinking about some things?"

"Anything you want to share?" she asked me.

I'm gonna do it. I have to. It's now or never.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked deciding to do it.

"Yeah, of course," she said giving me her full attention.

"Have you ever had a dream that seemed so real to you?"

"I have, why?"

"I had one last night or this morning. Whatever you want to call this whole thing," I rushed out. "When I woke up and realized it was just all in my head, I got really sad, still kind of am," I admit.

"What happened in it?"

Am I actually going to tell her?

"You know what, forget about it. I forgot,"

Of course I didn't forget. I could never forget about that amazing dream. I just couldn't do it. I chickened out.

"Let me know if you remember, I'm intrigued," she smiled.

"I will," I said smiling back so she thought I was being honest with her.

"What do you have do today?" she asked me.

"I have to go to the studio to meet with some producers,"

"What are you working on?" 

"I've been writing some stuff and need to start recording," I exaplined to her.

"Do I get to hear it?"

"You can once it's completely done," I told her.

"I'm really tired, but my body won't let me sleep," she complained changing the subject of coversation.

"Me too," I agreed. "Do you want to watch something and hope we fall asleep?" I suggested.

"Yeah, sure. Anything that might help," she said finishing up her coffee before bringing her cup back to the kitchen.

I got up from my seat and left my cup sitting on the table. I headed over to the couch and turned on the TV. I logged into my netflix account just as Aliyah was coming over towards me.

"What are you putting on?" She asked laying down on the opposite side of the couch.

"Not sure yet. Do you have anything specific you want to watch?"

"Find something boring so I can hopefully fall asleep," she recommended.

I laughed at her response. "Sounds good,"

I ended up putting on a random cooking show that I had found.

I knew I wouldn't be able to fall back to sleep because of all the thoughts running through my head, but I guess it didn't hurt to try.

 Aliyah

I haven't even been paying attention to the show that was playing on the TV. I couldn't stop thinking about the previous conversation Niall and I had this morning.

I could tell that he was lying to me. The look on his face said it all.

I knew that he remembered what his dream was about. He just didn't want to tell me. Not that I need to know, but I could see that he wanted to tell me, but for some reason he couldn't. But what could it have been?

Was it something important?

Something personal?

Did it have something to do with me?

Is it something I needed to know?

Could he not trust me?

The questions I have running in my head are endless. I really want to know what it was that he felt like sharing with me, but couldn't.

***