20

Aliyah

"You guys better drive safe," my mom said hugging me.

"We will, don't worry,"

"You're welcome here anytime, Niall, we'll miss you too," she said while she hugged him as well.

"Thanks for letting me be here. I hope to see you guys soon," he said back to her.

"Are you sure you guys don't want anything to eat before you leave?"

"We can get something on the road," I stated.

"Ok, call me if anything happens," she said to us.

"I will, mom, don't worry," I smiled.

"I'll miss you, so much," she said getting tears in her eyes.

"No crying, I'll see you in June," I said hugging her again.

"I know, I know," she said wiping her eyes. "Go before I really start crying,"

"We are," I said putting my shoes on. "You better be back in soon, Colby. I'm gonna need my car," I pointed at him.

"I know," he sighed. "We'll be leaving in two days,"

"Don't wreck my car or I'll never forgive you,"

"Yeah, yeah, I know,"

"I packed some snacks for the two of you. Be safe and don't get pulled over," my mom warned Niall and I.

"We won't, mom," I said back.

"Good,"

We walked out to Niall's car and loaded our final things into the trunk. When we closed the trunk, I saw Bryce coming towards us. Niall got into the car giving us some privacy.

"I'll miss you a lot. See you at Christmas," he said giving me a hug.

"I'll see you at Christmas," I said back.

"I see the way you look at him,"

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"You like him. Niall," he clarified.

"I don't,"

"You do, I see it. He likes you too, it's the way he looks at you," he explained.

"Ok, sure," I rolled my eyes. "I'll see you soon, I love you,"

"I love you, too. Think about what I just said and at least try it out," he said as I opened the passenger door.

"Yeah, okay," I said rolling my eyes again. "Goodbye," I said as I shut the door.

"What was that all about?" Niall yawned.

"Something dumb," I said as he started driving away from my house.

"Where are we stopping for the night?" He asked.

"I don't know. Wherever we need to when we get tired," I said yawning.

"I'm already tired," he laughed.

"Well, we'll have to get some energy drinks then to stay awake,"

"Oh, god," he groaned. "You're gonna be crazy if you have one of them,"

"And why is that?"

"You're wild enough without one of them so you're gonna be extra crazy if you do have one," he explained.

"I'll be fine, I've have plenty of them before and I didn't go complete psycho,"

*

We've now been driving for about two hours and I'm already bored out of my mind. There's nothing really to talk about, so we're just sitting in the car looking at all of our surroundings.