88

Aliyah

The due date was coming sooner than I thought.

It was September 11th, 2019.

Well, it was almost the 12th, but it was still technically the 11th. 

It was 11:30 p.m and we were in bed. Niall was fast asleep next to me while I was wide awake. I couldn't seem to stay asleep longer than 10 minutes if I was even lucky enough to fall asleep. I've done what my doctor had recommended for me to do when I was like this. I made some tea and drank all of that, but it didn't seem to do anything.

So I was sitting up in bed looking at my phone wishing that I was sleeping like Niall was beside me. There were small kicks here and there, but nothing too bad. I could handle that for the most part. I just really wish I was asleep. I had been so tired all day today, so not being able to sleep tonight was really ruining my overall mood.

As I thought that the kicks and movements were fine, they started to get stronger. I decided to get out of bed and walk around the house to try and soothe them.

I walked up and down the hallway outside of our room quietly in hopes the pain would go away. It didn't help all that much, but they did a little bit. I was starting to get slightly hungry as well. I walked into the kitchen, turned the lights on, and began searching for something that I could have.

I found a banana on the counter and ate that to help me not be as hungry. As I finished it, I heard footsteps coming down the hall and to the kitchen. I looked up at saw a shirtless Niall entering the kitchen.

"Why are you awake?" he asked.

"Couldn't sleep and then I got hungry," I shrugged as I threw the banana peel away.

"Did you have some tea as your doctor suggested for when you can't sleep?" he asked as he started to get down a mug to make me some of that tea.

"I already drank some a bit earlier, it didn't help," I answered as I began getting a cramp-like feeling in my abdomen.

I folded my arms laying them on the island. I rested my head on my arms and looked down to the floor. I took deep breaths as my doctor instructed me to do in these moments. The deep breaths didn't help at all because the pain kept getting worse and worse.

"Is she moving around a lot?" Niall asked as he began rubbing up and down my back.

"No, it just hurts," I whimpered out as the pain kept intensifying. "Just more braxton hicks," 

"Are you sure?" he asked. "This could be you going into labor,"

"It's too early," I answered as I began swaying my body back and forth.

"You're due in 2 days, it's not too early," he said as he kept rubbing up and down my back.

The pain faded away and I took a breath of relief. I still kept my head down in case they began again. "I'm fine now. Let's go back to bed,"

"I don't want to go back to bed if this is you going into labor,"

"I'm not, I'm not," I said. "I wanna try and get some sleep," 

"Okay," he said hesitantly.

He followed close behind me, shutting off all of the lights as we walked. We came back into our bedroom and got back into bed. I lay down, shut my eyes, and did my best to fall asleep. But it just never came. I still couldn't fall asleep.

The pain came back as fast as it went away. I did my best to hide it so Niall could get some more sleep tonight. I curled up into myself and took more deep breaths. They didn't seem to work in favor because the pain kept increasing.

"Baby, I think we need to go to the hospital," Niall said beside me. "I can hear you whimpering in pain, you're not okay," 

Niall seemed to be getting really worried about it. I didn't want to worry about it because I didn't think this was me going into labor. It couldn't be.

"I'm fine," I brushed him off. "It's just braxton hicks," I stated for the second time tonight,"

"I don't think it is," he said sitting up, "There could be something wrong with her. It's better to be safe than sorry,"

"I'm scared," I said as tears started to form in my eyes.

"It's alright to be scared, but we need to go," he said wiping away stray tears.

"Okay, okay," I said as the pain got even worse. "Ow, ow, ow," 

"You're gonna be alright," he soothed me as he got out of the bed. "I'll get our hospital bag and we can go, alright?" 

All I could do was nod my head, not being able to talk at this moment. Niall rushed into the closet to grab our hospital bag and I assume to put a shirt on. He came out soon after and was helping me out of our room. He set me down on a small chair that we close to the front door before leaving me there. 

He ran back to our bedroom. He came back with both of our phones and 2 pairs of shoes. He put his on quickly before he helped me put on mine as well. He stood up and helped me get up as well. He grabbed his keys and we were out the front door.

He led me to the car, helping me get into the passenger seat. He threw the hospital bag into the backseat before running around the car to get into the driver's seat. He looked over at me and smiled.

"You ready to go have a baby?" he asked as he started the car.

"We're not sure if this is even me in labor or not, so we may not be having a baby just yet," I answered as he backed out of the driveway and began driving us in the direction of the hospital.

I just hope the drive to the hospital was long because I wasn't fully prepared for any of this.

There was no way that I could be having a baby today, is there?

 ***

Make sure you leave your questions for the Q&A at the end of this book.