31

Niall

I looked down at the scared, sleeping girl in my arms. She has been asleep for the past half an hour. I somehow managed to get her off the bathroom floor and into her bed. When I tried to leave, she pulled me down next to her and cuddled into my side. After five minutes, she was fast asleep.

"Is she alright?" I heard from the doorway.

"She's good as long as she's sleeping, thanks for checking up on her Mariah," I nodded.

"Of course," she smiled. "How long has she been asleep for?" 

"Not very long," I answered.

"Are you gonna be staying up here with her?" 

"I'm gonna be staying as long as she needs me for," I explained to her. "Is everyone gone?" 

"Mully, Shawn, and Brandon are still here waiting to see if she's alright?" 

"They don't have to stay, you can tell them that she's fine for now," 

"I'll let them know, " she said back to me. "If you need anything, for her or for you, let me know, I'll be downstairs," 

"I will, thank you," I nodded.

"Try and get some sleep, she might wake up and keep you awake all night," 

"I don't mind, but I'll try my best," 

"Okay, goodnight," she said shutting the bedroom door and leaving.

 Now that it's just Aliyah and I, I have to figure out what I should do. The best thing I should do is go to bed, but I think my thoughts will keep me awake. 

I looked down and saw that we were still in our clothes from her birthday party. If we're gonna be sleeping, we're gonna need to wear something more comfortable. 

I got my phone out of my pocket and pulled up Mully's contact.

'Can you get me a change of clothes?' ~Nialler

'Anything specific?' ~Mully

'Nope.' ~Nialler

I turned my phone off and set it on Aliyah's night stand. I moved to an upright sitting position trying my best not to wake her up. 

"Where are you going?" I heard her mumble.

"We need to change and then we can go to sleep," 

"Don't leave," she said to me as tears started forming in her eyes.

"Hey, hey, hey, I'm not leaving," I said softly. "We just need to change and then we can go to sleep for the night," 

She continued to hug me tightly as if I was gonna leave and never come back. I hope she knew deep down that I would never leave her, especially in her current state.

There was a soft knock on her bedroom door before it opened showing Mully. He had some of my clothes in his hand that I had asked for. He came over to us and set them down on the night stand. 

"How is she?" he asked me most likely knowing she wouldn't want to start any conversation.

"She's okay," I sighed. "For now at least. Thanks for the clothes," 

"Of course," he said back. "I'm gonna head home for the night if you need anything, let me know," he said before making his way back to the door.

"I will, thank you," 

"C'mon, let's get changed," I said to Aliyah getting out of her bed.

"I don't wanna," she mumbled. "Let me stay here,"