39

This is a time jump. The last chapter was the beginning of September and this is in mid-October. 

Aliyah

"Are you almost ready to go yet?" Niall asked as he entered my room.

"Yeah, I just need to choose some earrings and then we can go," I told him as I started looking through my collection of earrings. 

Niall got invited to be on the Late Late Show with James Corden about a month ago and was asked if I could join him as well. His management contacted mine and today was finally the day where we get to go on. 

Niall came over about half an hour ago already ready while I was still in the process of getting ready. He was just waiting for me so that we could leave.

"I knew you should've started getting ready way earlier, we're going to be late," Mariah sighed.

"It's okay, we'll be fine," I told her as I finished up completely. "I'm wearing my vans so don't try and talk me out of it," I said to both Niall and Mariah.

*

We finally made it to the studio where the show was filmed. Surprisingly, we weren't late at all, we were actually right on time. My parents flew out here to be able to watch us be on the show along with my brothers, but sadly not Bryce. 

Niall and I were currently backstage waiting for our cue to join James. 

"Tonight's special guests are both well-known in the media today!" James began. "Tonight we have Niall Horan and Aliyah Brock!" he introduced us to the audience.

Niall and I both made our way out from backstage and to where James was waiting for us. The both of us sat down on the couch next to the desk. 

"Welcome to the show," he said to us.

"Thanks for having us," I responded.

"Before we start the actual interview and the game we're playing later, how have both of your days been?" he asked.

"So far, my day has consisted of waking up early and getting ready for this and then going over to her house and waiting as she took the longest time to get ready," Niall answered.

"I didn't take that long," I said to Niall as James laughed at the two of us. "Anyway, my day has been kind of the same as his," I shrugged.

"Seems like a good start to both of your days," he lightly laughed. "Are you two ready to start the actual interview portion of this?" 

"Yes," both of us answered.

"Great!" he said. "So I asked people on Twitter to ask you two questions that they wanted to know about you. The first few questions I'm gonna ask are from some of your fans. If you don't want to answer, just say pass and we'll move on," James explained.

"Sounds good," I said as we both nodded.

"The first question is, when and where did you meet?"

"Do you want to explain it or should I?" I asked looking over at Niall.

"Go for it,"

"There was an award show at the end of November last year," I started. "I ended up sitting next to him and his band. We introduced ourselves and I think he asked me if I was going to the after-party or something,"

"Oh, I did. I forgot about that," he commented. "We ended up meeting up again at the after-party. I asked her how long she was gonna stay to see how long we could hang out and she told me she couldn't stay that long," he motioned to me to continue on with the story.