15

Aliyah

"Where is Bryce?" my mom asked me once we were all upstiars.

"He is most likely sleeping and I don't want to wake him up," I explained.

"Then I guess we'll just have to have another family game night while you're all here,"

"You should know that all of us will enjoy that. Maybe except for Niall because he's never done a family game night before," I smiled.

"You've never done a family game night before?" my mom asked Niall.

"Never. My family would always be together when I would go back home and we would just talk for hours, but we would never sit down and play games," he explained.

"If you enjoy doing this tonight then you should try and get your family to do this," my mom suggested to Niall.

"I will keep that in mind,"

*

We have now been playing monopoly for at least an hour. I would say that my dad was winning the game. Either he has been playing this a lot to get practice or he is cheating. To me, it looks like he is cheating.

"If Bryce were playing with us, you know he would be winning, you know that right, dad?"

"Well, he isn't, so I get to win,"

"You can't win, I won't let you," I fired back at him.

"And who do you think is going to win then?"

"Probably Colby," I said looking at all of the properties and money he has to his name.

"He has never won this game in his entire life,"

"Today could be the day, dad," Colby said this time.

"Maybe we should have let Bryce play the game with us," Michael said this time.

"He just came home, so let him sleep," I said remembering the day we got to go to the airport to pick him up.

*flashback*

"How much longer until he will be here?" I asked starting to get impatient.

"He should be landing in five minutes," my mom answered my question.

Niall had decided to just let family come to the airport to pick up Bryce because he didn't think he should be apart of this family moment. I don't blame him honestly. I understand what he meant. I wouldn't want to both a moment like this if it were him in the situation.

I can't wait until Bryce gets to meet Niall. With how they both act, I can already tell that they will get along great. They are both very outgoing and love talking to people. Of course, Niall has to be like that because of the job that he has. Bryce is five years older than me, so I can already tell that he is going to be very protective of me to Niall.

"He should be coming down the escalators any second now," my mom intertupted my thoughts.

"I'm so excited," I said with a big grin on my face.

"I can see that. You really missed him didn't you?"

"Of course I did mom. I barely get to see him and you know how close we are," I said right back to her.

"I know, honey, I'm sorry that you don't get to see him that often,"

I turned my attention back to the escalators hoping to see my brother coming down and towards us. There he is. I finally get to see him after not seeing him for almost a full year.