32

Aliyah

"Happy birthday!" I heard from my doorway.

"Leave me alone," I groaned.

This is not how I wanted to wake up. It may be my birthday, but I definitely don't want to be awake this early.

"You're finally 22, wake up!" I heard Colby yell.

"I don't care that I'm 22, let me sleep," I said shoving my head back into my pillow.

"Your phone is blowing up, wake up and see what's going on," Colby had said. "We'll be waiting downstairs with your presents," he said and left.

I sat up in my bed and grabbing my phone off the nightstand to see what was happening. I had several texts from my friends and family wishing me a happy birthday. I clicked on the message from Bryce first.

'Happy 22nd birthday baby sis! I'm sorry I can't be there with you today, but know that I wish I was. I gave mom a present to give to you from me. Text me when you wake up. I love you!' ~Bryce

'Thank you for the birthday message. I'm about to go open my presents from everyone and I can already tell you I'm gonna love yours the most. I love you and miss you!' ~Aliyah

I continued answering all of the sweet messages from my family back home and all of my friends for the next ten messages. I saved Niall's message for last because I already knew I was gonna love his the best.

'Happy birthday Aliyah! I can't believe you're already this old. Anyway, I might be coming over late today or tomorrow to give you your present so be ready. Happy birthday, again.' ~Nialler

'You act like you're younger than me when you're actually older, so I'm not old. But thank you and come over today, I know my parents and brothers would love to see you.' ~Aliyah

I got out of my bed and fixed my hair before heading downstairs where everyone was waiting for me.

"It's about time you got down here," my dad teased.

"I was texting people back, give me a break," I laughed as I hugged him.

"I'm just teasing you," he smiled. "You ready to open your presents now?"

"I guess," I sighed.

"Turn that frown upside down, kid, it's your birthday,"

"I know, I know, some things have happened since I saw you last,"

"I know, your mother told me. I'm sorry I wasn't here to help you,"

"It's alright, dad. Niall and Mariah helped me," I told my dad.

"Where is Niall anyway? I miss him," my mom chimed in.

"He said he was coming over later, don't worry, you'll get to see him again before you leave," I laughed.

"Oh good, I missed him," my dad said this time. "Now, let's open your presents,"

"I wanna open Bryce's last, I already know his will be the best,"

"How do you know he got you something?" Max asked me.

"Because he told me that he gave something to mom to bring out here with you guys,"

"Okay, fine, open mine first," Colby said handing me the first present.

I opened it and saw that it was one of my favorite things. Clothes. I took everything out of the box and noticed that everything looked cute. Now I was concerned.