85

Aliyah

I thought about the message I had received all night long. I thought about the pros and cons of going to meet up with her. The pros on the invisible list in my head outweighed the cons. 

There was no problem in hearing what she had to say to me. At least after today, I would know the full truth about everything that had happened between her, Jared, and me.

Niall had been trying to get me to stay home instead of going out to meet with someone who hurt both of us.

"I really don't think you should be going," Niall said as started gathering up everything I would need.

"I don't think anything bad will happen," I started. "I guess I just need some closure on why she did what she did. Don't you want that as well?" 

"Can I come along then?" he asked.

"I want to do this alone," I said.

"What if you go into labor?" he asked.

"Niall, I will be fine, I promise," I smiled. "If I go into labor or even get braxton hicks again, I'll text you right away," 

"Promise?" 

"I promise," I nodded. "Thank you for caring, I love you," I said kissing his lips three times.

"Make sure you keep your location on," he said to me. 

"I will, I will," I rolled my eyes.

"I love you," he finally said.

I left the house with my keys, wallet, and phone in my hand. I got into my car and started driving to the small coffee shop we agreed on meeting at. 

*

I ordered and paid for my tea. I took it from the nice worker and went and sat down in the corner of the small coffee shop. I sipped on the tea as I waited for Mariah to show up.

I was here for about 5 minutes before there was a small ring signaling the door was being opened. I looked up from my phone and saw Mariah walking in. She went and ordered herself a drink before searching for me in the shop. She came over sat down across from me.

"I don't really know what to say to you, so I guess hi," she smiled. "It's been a long time since I've spoken to you,"

"It has, yeah," I nodded.

"First of all, I wanted to say congratulations on getting married and expecting," 

"Thank you," I smiled. "This feels a bit awkward, doesn't it?" I asked.

"It does, but I take full blame on that," she said. "I had some things I wanted to say and explain to you, so thank you for agreeing to meet up with me," 

"You're welcome," I said. "I guess I just wanted to clear the air as much as you wanted to as well," 

"I guess I should start off by saying that I'm sorry for everything that happened," she took a deep breath. "I don't think I have a good enough reason as to why I did it, so I guess I just want to answer any of the questions I'm sure you may have," 

"When did everything start?" I asked her right off the bat.

"On my end, it started before he broke into your house," she said. "He said he had already been sending both you and Niall text messages threatening you and that he wanted to do something else. He just needed my help is all," 

"So then how did Jared get Niall and my numbers?" I asked. "You didn't give them to him?" 

"I didn't, no," she shook her head. "I don't know how he got your numbers, but I never gave them to him. I wouldn't cross that line,"