86

Aliyah

July has always been my favorite month. It's my favorite month because of everything my family and I have done for most of my life during the fourth of July.

My parents, brothers, and Bryce's wife flew in a couple of days ago to celebrate the fourth at Niall and my house this year. 

It's going to be very different because we won't be in my childhood home. I wish I could have gone home for this, but with me being 7 months pregnant I couldn't fly. I fully understand why I couldn't and I didn't want to harm the baby at all, so I listened to my doctor and stayed home.

"Baby," I heard a whisper from beside me.

"Hm?" I asked waking up slightly.

"Breakfast is ready," Niall said back.

"What time is it?" I asked as I sat up in bed.

Usually, I would be awake helping make breakfast for today, but I'm guessing because of me being pregnant, I got to sleep in. I'm not complaining about that though.

"It's almost 10," 

"Why did you let me sleep in so late?" I asked him.

"You haven't been sleeping that well, so I wanted you to sleep as long as you could," he answered. "Do you want me to make anything special for you?" 

"Can you make me a smoothie, please?" 

"I can do that," he nodded. "I'm sorry for waking you up. I love you," 

"I had to wake up eventually," I said. "I love you, too," 

I did my best to get out of bed with Nialls help. Once he helped me up, he left our bedroom to go make my smoothie while I did my best to look more presentable. 

I went into the closet and put on a pair of grey sweatpants. They may not even be mine, to be honest. I didn't care though, I just wanted to be comfortable. I put on a black sports bra, not wanting to be all the way dressed. I didn't feel like getting fully dressed today, so this is what I'm wearing for today. 

I went into the bathroom and quickly brushed my teeth. I then fixed my hair so it was in a messy bun on top of my head. I left the bathroom, grabbed my phone from my nightstand, and left the bedroom.

"Aliyah, I think you forgot to put on a shirt when you got dressed," I heard Colby say to me when I entered the kitchen.

"I didn't," I shook my head. "Didn't want to get dressed," I sat down at the island and was handed a smoothie from Niall. 

"How are you feeling this morning?" my mom asked.

"I feel fine, just hungry," I shrugged.

"Let's eat then," she said. "We were waiting until you were awake to eat. We didn't want to eat without out," 

*

We finished eating breakfast and were now outside getting ready to do our annual tie-dyed shirts. My dad didn't want Niall or me to do anything, so he got all of our shirts custom-made before they flew here. He was passing out the shirts now so we could color them.

"It made me a bit sad when I had to tell the guy at the shop to make yours say Horan on the back instead of Brock," my dad said when he gave me my shirt.

"There's no reason for you to be sad about that," 

"I also got something else for you and Niall to do together," he said digging into the plastic bag that contained all of the white shirts. "I thought this could be the first tie-dye shirt your daughter could have," 

He pulled out a little baby onesie that had Horan and '19 on the back of it. He handed it to me so I could look at it closer. My eyes instantly started tearing up at the thought of our daughter wearing this when she's born.

"What's with all the tears?" Niall asked coming over to where my dad and I were.

I held up the onesie to him and he instantly smiled. "You got this made?" he asked my dad.

"I did," he nodded.

"Thank you, dad," I said giving him a hug. "I love you," 

"I love you, too, kiddo," 

*

Tie-dying our shirts took longer than it usually did because we talked a lot more than we normally did. We were now inside chatting about whatever came to mind.

"When is your next appointment?" my mom asked.

"Uh, I'm not sure, I know it's soon though," I answered looking to Niall in hopes he knew what day it was.

"It's on Sunday," Niall answered.

"Did you want to come with? Is that why you wanted to know?" I asked her.

"Could we?" she asked referring to her and my dad.

"Yeah," I nodded. "This will be the only one you would be going to until the baby is born, so yes, you can go," 

"Are there any fireworks that go on around here?" Bryce asked changing the subject.

"There are usually some fireworks at the large park a couple of miles away," Niall answered.

"Can we go to them?" 

Everyone looked at me to see what my answer would be. I guess I had to be the deciding factor for what we would be doing.

"Why does everyone look at me to answer?" I asked.

"You're pregnant," my mom answered. "If you're not up for it then we won't go," 

"Let's go," I smiled.

"You sure?" Niall asked me.

"Yes, I'm sure," I nodded. "It will be fun,"

"Let's get our stuff together and then we can go," 

"Help me up," I said holding up my arms for Niall to help me off the couch. 

This was yet another thing about being pregnant that I didn't enjoy. I had a hard time getting up off the couch most of the time. Niall has never complained about helping me up though. 

I guess I know what the next few months will be like for me until I give birth. I'll be constantly hungry, exhausted, not able to get off the couch without any help, and also having nausea on and off.

But that is something I will be completely fine with as long as I get my baby at the end of it.

***