70

Another time jump. The last chapter was in late March, early April. This one is in the middle of May.

Aliyah

"You know how you're home for the next 2 months?" I asked Niall when I joined him outside by the pool.

"Yeah, why?"

"Do you want to go spend a couple of weeks with my parents?"

"Don't you still have to work though?" He asked.

"I finish up next week and then I'm completely finished," I answered. "Which that also means that I can join you on the next part of your tour,"

He instantly smiled, "You're serious?"

"I found out a couple of days ago, I just forgot to tell you,"

"So we won't have to be apart for the rest of the year?"

"Yes," I nodded. "So about going to my parent's house, are you up for it?"

"Hell yeah. I miss them," he nodded.

"I don't know when we will leave, but Bryce said we had to be there for something he still hasn't told me about," 

"Call him," he said. "I don't see why we need to stay here when we can spend more time with your parents," 

I nodded as I pulled out my phone. I went into my contacts and pressed the call button on Bryce's name. He instantly declined my call. Seconds later, I'm getting a facetime call from him. As I answer, I'm met with my brother's smiling face.

"You called?" he asked.

"I need to know when I have to be home in July," 

"You should already be here," he answered. "It's right around the fourth," 

"Well, Niall and I may be coming there in a week or so once I finish up with work," I said as I showed that Niall was next to me.

"Niall!" 

"Hey, Bryce," he smiled.

"So you really want to spend yet another Fourth of July with our family?" Bryce asked. "Did last year not scare you away?" 

"Last year was quite fun actually," Niall answered. "I already told your dad that I would love to come back every year for the Fourth of July," 

"That's great, but you will end up getting sick of our family and how we celebrate that day," Bryce laughed.

"I'm sure I will at some point, but I should be good this year," Niall told him.

"Sounds good, I will let my dad know that," he answered. "Anyway, are you ready to hear the news you have been waiting for, Aliyah?" he changed the subject.

"I mean, I guess," I shrugged. "Is it good news or bad news?" 

"Very good," Bryce nodded.

"I'm ready," 

"Do you remember how you met my girlfriend last time you were home?" 

"Did you break up with her? She's great," 

"No, we didn't break up, Aliyah," he shook his head. "We actually got engaged like a month ago and we're getting married during the time you'll be home," 

"What!" I yelled. "You've been engaged for over a month and you're just now telling me?" 

"Yes," 

"So when is the date?" I asked calming down.

"July 10th," 

"Where is she? Is she there with you?" 

Bryce had moved into his own house a few months ago in Kansas City to be close to my parents. The thing that he didn't tell me was that his girlfriend, Callie had also moved in with him.

"She actually isn't here right now. She's doing some more wedding things with her mom," he answered.

"When exactly did you two become a thing? There is no way this started last year,"

"Well, she was deployed with me so I've known her for a while, but it began at the start of last year,"

"I can't wait until your wedding. I'm so excited!" I exclaimed.

"I'm just happy that I've told you now, so it's no longer a secret," he smiled.

"Am I the last to know?"

"I have to call Colby yet and tell him, but other than that you were last because your not home," he shrugged.

"Well, I'll be back home soon enough,"

"How long will you be staying?"

"At least a month," I answered.

"Oh, good," he smiled. "Your birthday is coming up as well,"

"It is," I nodded.

"I want to send you something so I'm gonna need your address,"

"I will text you the address," I nodded.

"Thank you," he said. "I have to go meet Callie, I'll talk to you soon,"

"I love you! And congrats on your engagement,"

"Thanks, Liyah. I love you too."

With that being said, he ended the facetime call.

"I'm guessing you didn't expect that?" Niall asked as I locked my phone.

"That's the last thing I was expecting from him," I answered. "I knew they were together for a while, but I didn't know that they would be getting married so soon," I continued.

"Things happen," he shrugged.

"Do you think there's a reason why they're getting married so soon?" 

"Other than they're ready too? Or that they love each other?" he asked.

"Yeah," I nodded. "Do you think they're getting married for the wrong reasons? Like there's a chance she's pregnant and now they have to get married?" 

"If that is the reason, Bryce would probably tell you," 

"It took him a month to even tell me that he was getting married in the first place,"

"Then just wait and see if they tell you anything other than that they're getting married," 

"If it's true then I told you so," I said getting up and heading back inside.

There has to be a different reason as to why they're getting married. Right?

There's no doubt in my mind that they love each other, but they've only been together for a little over a year. Isn't that so soon? 

Either way, I'm happy for them.

***

This will be the only chapter this week. I've had a weird last couple of days, but I still wanted to update.