59

*trigger warning. Mentions of suicide*

Aliyah

"I wish I could live here again," I said as I looked out at the water. 

"This would be a nice place to live," Niall said beside me. "Would you move back if you had the chance?"

"No," I answered. "I wouldn't be able to adapt to living here again. I've had my time and now my life is in LA. It's nice to visit every now and then, but I couldn't move back entirely. There's too much of myself in LA now," I explained further.

"I don't think I could move home either. Although I love Ireland to death, I couldn't see myself living there anymore. Maybe if I had never left I would still be there, but not anymore. Not with everything that has happened," he sighed.

"Can I tell you something?" I asked. "Something that I've kept to myself?"

"Of course,"

"I just ask that you don't say this to my mom. It will absolutely crush her,"

"I won't say a word,"

"After, uh, my ex and I broke up, I, uh seriously considered killing myself," I started. "I thought that what I was feeling was something that would never go away. Like I would always feel like that. I bought a pack of razors one day. I prepared myself to do it, but I got scared. Scared that it would hurt. I didn't do it that day," I said as a tear slipped from my eye.

"Another attempt I had was when I got some random pills. I got the nerve to finally do it, but yet again I couldn't," I sighed. "I came back home almost a week later and realized that I was wrong about everything. All of the things that I told myself about how nobody would miss me or nobody would care all left my mind. I guess I never fully understood how good of a support system I truly had. My parents and my brothers. They've always been there," I let off my chest.

"From then on, I vowed to myself that I would never let myself be treated the way I was. To never feel that low again. I surrounded myself with good people and so far that has worked," I smiled.

After I was finished, I looked over at Niall. A mixture of emotions was on his face.

There was some sadness.

A bit of happiness.

I could tell he was overwhelmed.

He looked at my and not a second later he grabbed my face and kissed me.

The power the kiss had was insane to me.

All of the emotion behind it.

It meant a lot to me.

To him as well.

"I love you," he said before pecking my lips once more. "Thank you for telling me. I know it wasn't easy for you, but thank you,"

"Someone had to know and you were on the top of my list," I smiled.

"I'm truly happy you decided not to take your life," he looked deep into my eyes. "I promise you I will never treat you like your ex did. He is such a cruel person. To make someone as amazing as you want to leave for good because of they acted. I despise him even more now,"

"I just know when I tell my parents or even if I tell them, they are going to want to kill him," I lightly laughed.

"They're overprotective of you," he shrugged. "That's a good thing,"

"We should probably get back before my parents send out people looking for us," I said standing up.

"They really would, wouldn't they?" I asked.

"You've met them, right? That wasn't something in my imagination?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes as he held my hand. "You're insane,"

"That's me," I laughed.

As we walked through the front door, my mom instantly had a look of relief.

"I was just about ready to call the police. I was so worried. You've been gone for almost 3 hours," 

"We're fine, mom,"

"Why does it look like you've been crying? Did he hurt you?" She pointed to Niall.

"If he did, he would be really dumb to come back here," I smiled. "He didn't hurt me, I promise,"

"Why has she been crying? What happened?" My mom turned to Niall.

"I promised I wouldn't say," he responded.

"Are you sure you're okay, baby?"

"I'm 100% fine, mom. Just needed to get some stuff off my chest,"

"You'll tell me if you're not okay, right?"

"Of course,"

"I don't fully believe you, but okay," she said. "We've got a lot to do tomorrow, so don't stay up too late now," she said before heading in the direction of her room.

That left Niall and me alone in the kitchen.

"What's all going on tomorrow?" Niall asked me.

"Our traditional Fourth of July stuff," I shrugged like it was nothing. Niall still looked confused. "Every year for the Fourth of July we all tie-dye shirts, we have a barbecue, and then we go to a local park or the lake and watch fireworks,"

"That sounds pretty fun actually. So it's like another huge holiday for your family?"

"It is, yes. It's probably everyone's favorite holiday in this house," I laughed. "What time is it?" I asked him.

"Almost 11," he shrugged.

"We're gonna be missing a lot of sleep tomorrow, just letting you know that now," I said as I began going down the steps with Niall following behind me.

"And why is that?" 

"My dad will have us all awake by 7 a.m,"

"You're kidding, right?"

"I wish I was," I said as I opened my suitcase. "My dad's contribution to the whole Fourth fiasco is to make a huge breakfast. Everybody is assigned one food item,"

"What's your go-to item?"

"I get to make pancakes," I sighed. "I'm guessing you will be stuck on toast duty or coffee for everyone," I laughed.

That was always the worst thing to be done.

Everyone liked their coffee differently and it was always hard to keep track of.

Don't even get me started on the toast situation. That was always bad.

"That doesn't seem bad at all,"

"Can you remember multiple things at once?" I asked as I grabbed out a pair of black shorts from my suitcase before opening up Nialls and grabbing one of his shirts.

"A bit, yeah," he nodded.

"Use that to your advantage tomorrow, you will need it,"

I quickly changed and got myself ready for bed.

The 10 minutes it took me, it only took Niall 2 minutes. All he had to do was brush his teeth, remove his shirt, and change into sweatpants before climbing into bed.

While he did that, I had to brush my teeth, change my clothes and remove my makeup.

I climbed into bed next to him and cuddled up into his side.

"Thank you," he mumbled.

"For?"

"Opening up to me," he said. "I know it must've been hard to do, but thank you,"

"You're the easiest person to talk to, so it was simpler than I thought it would be," I explained. "Now, let's go to sleep. We have a long day tomorrow,"

***
The next chapter is pretty long. Warning you now