89

Aliyah

Niall helped me out of the car and into the large building. We went up to the front desk where Niall had to speak for me because of the immense pain I was in.

"We think that she may be going into labor," he stated.

"Doctor's name?" she quickly asked him.

Niall gave her my doctor's name and she checked us into the hospital. Niall helped me sit down in the wheelchair that was quickly brought over to me. 

"Your doctor will be in room 213 when you get there. You're gonna need to go down this hallway and turn down the labor and delivery hall. She'll be waiting," she politely smiled.

"Ow, ow," I whimpered as more pain coursed through me.

Niall began pushing the wheelchair in the direction he was instructed to. As soon as we got down the labor and delivery hall, there stood my doctor with a huge smile on her face.

"I didn't think I would be seeing you two tonight," she said as she brought us into a large room. "I'm gonna need you to put this on, Aliyah and then we can see how you're doing," she lifted up a hospital gown to me and then gave it to Niall before leaving the room to give us some privacy.

Niall helped me out of the wheelchair and brought me into the connected bathroom. He helped me get out of my clothes and into the hospital gown. It was most likely the ugliest thing I've worn in my life. As we left the bathroom, Niall helped me get up onto the hospital bed and went to open the door of our room so our doctor could come back inside.

"From what I hear, you think you're going into labor?" she asked as she came back inside shutting the door behind her.

"Niall thinks so, I don't as much," I answered. 

"Let's see how dilated you are and then we can go from there," she said to me.

It took a while for her to find out how dilated I was, but she figured it out eventually.

"You're 2 centimeters dilated," she informed us. "Has your water broken just yet?" 

I shook my head no in response. 

"How far apart are your contractions?" she asked her next question.

"They're not braxton hicks?" I was quite surprised.

"They are not, no. Not this time," 

"So I'm in labor then?" I asked.

"You're in the beginning stages of labor, yes," she nodded. "You won't be going home until you have this baby," 

"Oh, god," I said throwing my head back onto the pillow and groaning.

"This is a good thing," she smiled. "Just think of it this way. You'll be having her within the next day or two. Get excited about it. And eat while you can. Once your water breaks naturally or we have to break it for you, you won't be allowed to eat anymore," 

"Great," I said sarcastically.

"I'll be checking on you hourly. For now, just relax," she said as she began to hook me up to many different machines that showed my contractions, my heart rate, and the baby's heart rate.

This is all getting all too real now. I didn't think this would be happening now. She finished up what she had to do and left the room, leaving Niall and me alone.

I looked over to Niall who had a huge grin on his face. He was clearly excited about the baby coming sooner than we thought she would.

"Your birthday is tomorrow," I said to him.