Bonus Chapter 9 - 1 Year Anniversary

Aliyah

It turns out that our wedding anniversary was today, April 6th, 2020. The only way that we found out was because people had sent us the picture that Mully had taken at our wedding. We knew it was this month, but we didn't exactly know what date. Is it bad that we both had no idea what our exact wedding date was?

We were celebrating being married for an entire year. It didn't even feel like it had been a year at all. It felt like it had been way longer than that with the past year we have had. Niall and I both decided we weren't going to do much to celebrate today except for just being with Aven the entire day.

I should've known that Niall wanted to do something on his part even though we both agreed that nothing special was happening today. He woke me up this morning with breakfast in bed and Aven in his arms. He said I should get to celebrate like this because I have to deal with him. I only accepted that as his reason why because I told him he had to join me in bed to eat. So that is what we were doing right now, eating the breakfast that Niall made for us. To be fair, it was quite good, so I wasn't complaining.

Aven did her best to steal our food from us, but we had to stop her in the long run because we didn't want her to choke on anything. I ended up getting her a bottle from the fridge and some baby food that she could eat.

"What are we going to be doing today?" Niall asked as I gave Aven another spoonful of her baby food.

"I thought we weren't doing anything today?" I asked. "I just want to be with you and Aven,"

"We can go for a walk around town with her," he suggested. "We haven't gone on very many walks with her,"

"Where are we going to go?"

"We don't have to really go anywhere," he answered. "We can just go for a walk with her and then come right home. We can even order some food for dinner. How does that sound?" he asked.

"Sounds like a plan," I said. "But I'll have to get ready first," I said as I climbed out of bed, handing him the jar of baby food.

"Why do you need to get ready if we're just going for a walk?" he asked as I walked into the bathroom.

"You want me to wear shorts and an oversized shirt out in public? What if we run into someone?" I turned around.

"Okay, okay," he held up his hands. "Go get ready then,"

"I'll be out soon," I said, shutting the door behind me.

I took a very refreshing shower that I didn't even realize that I needed. I got to take as long of a shower as I wanted because Niall was with Aven the whole time. When we were still in LA, I would have to take the quickest shower because Niall was in the studio for the day. With us now being in London, I could take my time and enjoy my long showers.

I shut off the hot water, dried off, and wrapped my towel around my body. I stepped out of the shower and began lotioning up my body. Just as I was finishing with that, the door to the bathroom opened up to reveal Niall.

"I thought I would have time to join you," he pouted as he went to start the shower again.

"You took too long," I smiled. "Where is Aven?"

"Willie has her," he answered as he began removing his clothes.

"You can't always just leave her with him," I said as I began leaving the bathroom.

"He's a great babysitter," he said as he hopped into the shower.

I rolled my eyes and shut the door as I left. I walked into our closet and began searching through what I could wear for today. I put on a matching pair of undergarments and a flowy white dress. I put on my white converse and was all set. I went back into the bathroom and brushed out my hair and then brushed my teeth right after.