Ch. 63 - MEMORY FOUND

Chapter Sixty-Three⚡Memory Found⚡

Chapter Sixty-Three
Memory Found

"The tunnel gate's locked. Everything is locked." Lydia said as she ran into the bunker and Scott closed and locked the door behind him. "Think it'll hold them off?" Malia asked as she walked up to them, "Probably not." Scott said and Lydia shook her head. "Definitely not." She said. 

"You guys aren't hoping I'm gonna be the optimist, are you?" Malia asked before they walked over to the ice box. "So, how cold does this thing get?" Scott asked as he walked up to it, "Cold enough for a Hellhound. It's not the same thing as the ice bath you gave Isaac, but it can lower your core temperature past anything a human can survive." Lydia explained. 

"So, what does freezing our asses off have to do with our memories?" Malia asked, looking at Lydia crazy, "It'll slow your heart rate and put you in a trance-like state." Lydia said and Scott raised his eyebrows. "Like hypnosis." He said and Lydia nodded, "Hypnotic regression. If we can figure out how to work it." She said and Malia glanced around. 

"This says "start." So, maybe it's not that complicated." Malia said, pointing at a button on the side while Scott looked at the other side where a bunch of knobs and dials where. "...It's complicated." 

"So, optimistically, how much time do you think we need to do this?" Malia asked and Scott looked over at her, "As much time as Liam, Charles and  Stilinski can buy us." He said. 

Malia pressed the start button and the box came to life. "Okay. It's doing something." Malia said and they nodded, "Whose going first?" Lydia asked. "I'll go." Malia said making them look at her, "Are you sure? I can go." Scott asked and Malia nodded. "I'm sure." She said before taking her shirt off. She looked at them before slowly walking into the box and closing the door. She looked at them through the small window and nodded making Lydia lock it. 

"Remember, this will get cold enough to kill you. So, if something feels wrong, or, like it's not working..." Lydia trailed off and Malia just nodded, "It's going to work." Scott said and Lydia looked at him and raised her eyebrows. "I hope you're not saying that because you think we know what we're doing." She said and he nodded slightly, "I'm saying that because I know you can figure it out." 

Lydia sighed softly and nodded before turning all the dials making cold air blow into the box. "So, what are we supposed to do? Talk to her? Help her remember?" Scott asked looking over at Lydia. 

"We need to guide her, keep her focused." Lydia said before looking over at Malia, "Malia, you have to think about them. Concentrate on Stiles and Odette. Try to picture them in your head. Think about what they look like, things they've said." She said and Malia nodded. All of the sudden the machine made a noise and started beeping making them look around alarmed. 

"I don't like this. Something's wrong." Scott asked and Lydia shook her head slightly, "Wait. Give it a few more seconds." She said. Malia groans slightly before slamming her hand down on the window, "I'm getting her out of there." Scott said and went to grab one of the handles but Lydia grabbed his arm.