Ch. 58 - SUNDOWNING

Chapter Fifty-Eight ⚡Sundowning⚡

Chapter Fifty-Eight
Sundowning

Scott and Lydia sit in the library on front of a laptop as Scott reads out the definition of "Stile". "Stile: an arrangement of steps that allows people but not animals, to climb over a fence." He read before turning Lydia, who has a doubtful look about the information they found.

"Yeah, somehow I don't think this is the "Stiles" we're looking for. Let's try Odie." She said before typing in something and Scott read it out again. "Odie is a fictional dog who appears in the comic strip Garfield by Jim Davis..." He trailed off making Lydia close her eyes and sigh, "Yeah, that's definitely not the right Odie."

"Maybe Malia has found something." Scott suggested and Lydia shook her head, "No. She's making a test today."

In Natalie's office, Malia is indeed making her make-up math test. She's trying to answer an equation, which asks "Find the partial fraction decomposition" but when begins writing an answer, she accidentally breaks another pencil with her super-strength and the screen shows more pencils she already broke before she grabs another one and Natalie reveals her time.

"Only 20 minutes left." She said making
Malia, nervously look at the clock and Natalie, noticing how tense Malia is. "Try to relax." Natalie said making Malia look up her wide eyed, "Relax?!" She asked and Natalie smiled softly.

"Breathe in and feel yourself relaxing."

Malia attempts to follow her advice but then she looks at the equations in confusion and then looks at the clock, realizing she doesn't have much time to end the test and starts hyperventilating. Natalie, noticing Malia's panic calmly speaks up, "Malia..." She said making Malia snap out of her trance and turns to Natalie still stressed.

"You need to calm your breathing. Maybe try some positve self-talk."

"I'm positive I don't wanna be here." Malia growled slightly as she gripped the edge of the desk as her claws come out. Natalie takes a deep breath before she attempts yet again to mollify Malia, "Remember, school is a safe space. Let's breath together. Just one deep breath." She said her and Malia take a deep breath together.

"A little deeper."

They take a deeper breath but Malia is so stressed that she is grabbing the pencil with strength.

"A little deeper."

Malia's stress reaches its limit and her eyes glow Beta blue before she breaks the pencil she was holding with her one hand in half. She turns into a true coyote like she did in Memory Lost and runs down the hall leaving a scared Natalie behind.

Back in the library, Scott and Lydia hear Malia's werecoyote howl. Scott, unsettled by what they just heard, looks at Lydia, who seems more than certain of what happened. "I guess the test isn't going well." Lydia mumbled before her and Scott leave the library in order to find Malia before anything else happens.