Ch. 24 - THE DIVINE MOVE

Odette's outfit

Chapter Twenty-Four🦊 The Divine Move 🦊

Chapter Twenty-Four
🦊 The Divine Move 🦊

"Stiles and Kira said it was the Nemeton that kept it trapped." Scott said as he, Lydia, Odette and Deaton walked into the clinic. " The problem is, this isn't even a person you're fighting- it just looks like one. It's a spirit that's taken the shape of a human." Deaton says.

"The shape of my best friend."

"Someone caught it once. Someone can do it again, right?" Odette asked and Deaton sighed, " I don't know... This thing was trapped a long time ago, before the Nemeton was cut down. It doesn't have the same power anymore."

"Is there anything that does?"

"Possibly...When the tree was whole, its wood was sometimes used to contain powerful objects. But those objects are very rare." Deaton explained making realization cross Lydia's face, "Powerful objects? Like an Alpha's claws?" Lydia asked making Deaton look over at her, "Which Alpha?"

"Talia Hale. Peter has them in a wooden box with a triskele carved on the lid. What if it was made from the Nemeton?" She asked and Deaton nodded, "It was." He said. "How do you know?" Scott asked and Deaton look over at him, "Because I made it." Deaton said.

"Derek's got the triskele box. He's gonna meet us." Scott said after getting off the phone with Derek. Suddenly Lydia started to sway and fall back making Scott and Odette instantly reach out to grab her, "What's wrong?"

"Something happening. I had this sudden rushing feeling, like we're running out of time."

"Yeah." Stiles said making them all turn to see a Kira and a very pale Stiles with dark circles around his eyes, "Yeah, I kind of got that feeling too."

🦊

"Scott, hold on-" Stiles said as they ran up to the doors of the school making them all turn to him, he had his arm around Odette's shoulders as she helped him stay up. " I know what you're all thinking- if this works, it might kill me, too. But even if it does, you have to go through with it. Stick with the plan, okay?" Stiles said and Scott shook his head. "The plan is to save you that's the plan i'm going with."

He opened the doors to reveal a snow covered Japanese garden, "I'm a witch, and I don't even know what kind of witchcraft this is." Odette muttered as they all slowly walked in looking around. The sound of the door closing behind them made them turn to look at it before looking at each other, "Oh, this is definitely not part of the plan..."

At the sound of footsteps they all turned to see a man covered head to toe in dirty bandages, silver sharp teeth and an old leather military jacket. He slowly turns to them then starts walking towards them, "Like I promised, Stiles... We're going to kill all of them, one by one."