Ch. 36 - CREATURES OF THE NIGHT

Odette's outfit

Chapter Thirty-Six🎭 Creatures Of The Night 🎭

Chapter Thirty-Six
🎭 Creatures Of The Night 🎭

Odette laid next to Scott on the hood of the Jeep at Lookout Point, watching the night sky. "All right, so I found some cool two bedrooms in the Mission District, but they're pretty expensive. A couple in Haight and Ashbury, also expensive." Stiles said, he had a map of the greater San Francisco region spread out on the hood of the Jeep next to Odette and is marking potential places to live for college.

"What about Berkeley? Don't a lot of students live around there?" Scott asked, looking over at Stiles who nodded. "Yeah, yeah, we could try Knob Hill. But, the Jeep would probably burn through a lot of clutches." Stiles said making Odette look over at him. She had cut her hair a couple inches and dyed it a silvery blue over the summer.

"You're gonna bring the jeep?" She asked and he looked at her like that was the dumbest question she could ask, "You know the plan, okay? No one gets left behind. That's the plan. You'll easily get onto UCLA. Lydia won't have any problems getting into Stanford. Kira's thinking USF. Malia's, uh, gonna, you know, she'll figure something out, okay. The plan's perfect." Stiles said and Odette nodded.

"Or we could also wait until we actually get into college and then figure out where to live." Scott said and Stiles looked at him offended now, "I have a vision, dude. Okay? And it is a beautiful vision. Don't ruin the vision." Stiles said and they chuckled before looking back out at the sky while Stiles went back to the map. "Okay, we can check out the East Bay. Haven't looked at Oakland yet, you know." He said before looking at Scott and Odette then at the full moon.

"You all right? You guys starting to feel it?" Stiles asked and they shook their heads, "No. Just thinking." Scott said and Odette glanced over at him. "About what?" She ask as she sat up and he looked over at her before glancing at Stiles, "Senior year."

"Senior year, come on, that's, that's... That's nothing. That's going to be easy." Stiles said and Scott sighed softly and sat up. "It's more like something Deaton told me once. You ever hear of "regression to the mean?"" Scott asked and Odette nodded while Stiles shook his head, "No, I don't think so."

"It was his way of saying that life can't ever be all bad or all good. You know, eventually, things have to come back to the middle. So, think about the last few months. Things have been good, right? But not amazing." Scott said and Stiles pursed his lips, "Yeah, but no one's tried to kill us in six months either."

"Right. We've been pretty much in the middle for a while... Which means, at some point, the scale has to tip one way or the other. Things are gonna get really good again." Scott said and Stiles sighed and glanced down, "Or really bad." He said before looking out again when there was a loud thunder and flash of light as the storm starts to gather.