Ch. 27 - MUTED

Odette's outfit

Chapter Twenty-Seven💰 Muted 💰

💰 Muted 💰

"Of course you're still the team captain. You got your grades up, just like Coach told you to, right?" Stiles said as him, Scott and Odette walked to the field. "Yeah, but he never told me I was back on the team- he just told me to show up at try-outs today."

"We got bigger things to deal with, anyway. Did you tell Argent yet?"

"Uh, I texted him, but he didn't get back to me." Scott said making Stiles and Odette stop and look at him incredulously, "You told him his sister Kate came back from the dead over a text?" Stiles asked and Scott looked at him sheepishly. "I didn't have the money to call France." He said making Odette sigh. "You're so lucky I called him." She muttered.

"Yeah, you think you got money problems? Try paying for an MRI and a visit to Eichen House." Stiles said making them look at him, "Another notice?" Odette asked and Stiles sighed and nodded, "Yeah. This one said final." Stiles said.

"What the hell are we doing here, anyway? We got like, one hundred and seventeen million problems, and worrying about our status on the lacrosse team is not one of them." Stiles said and Scott looked over at the field, "It is now." He said making them turn around.

There was a group of freshman practicing on the field, but what really caught their eye was the goalie. Whoever the goalie was, he was catching every single shot like it was nothing. "Well, you guys got some competition." Odette said making the boys look at each other wide eyed.

💰

"Hey, Liam... You want to explain what that was out there?" Stiles said as they walked up to Liam in the locker room. Liam turned around looking at them weird, "What do you mean?" Liam asked.

"That little display. Your little circus act."

"What circus act?"

"You caught every shot."

"I was in goal."

"Yeah, but nothing, not a single shot got past you."

"Yeah, I was the goalie." Liam said looking at Stiles like he was stupid making Odette quietly chuckle. "You guys played this game before?" Liam asked and Stiles sighed and gestured to Scott. "You're a freshman, right?"