Ch. 34 - MONSTROUS

Odette's outfit

(Imagine a normal black tank top and let's say that's Stiles's flannel)

Chapter Thirty-Four
💰 Monstrous 💰

Stiles glanced back when the door opened to see Melissa walk in, "You find a tape player?" He asked and she shook her head, "No... But I found someone looking for you." Melissa said before letting Odette walk in and then closing the door. "Hey." Stiles said and Odette smiled awkwardly, "I wanted to come check up on you. Brunski hit you pretty hard." Odette said and he smiled softly and nodded.

"I'm okay. How are you? You're the one who got two needles in your neck. One of them with mistletoe." He said and she nodded, "Melissa help me get out out so I'm okay." She said and he nodded. They stared at each other awkwardly before Stiles sighed.

"Are we going to talk? About you haven't been talking to me since that day at the hospital?" He asked and she sucked in a deep breath, "I have been talking to you." She said and he shook his head. "No, no. You've been talking with me, not to me."

"I uh- I should- I should go check on Lydia." Odette said and turned around to leave before Stiles could say anything. She went to open the door but the handle wouldn't turn. "It's locked." She said and Stiles looked at her confused.

"Why would she lock the door?" Stiles asked as he walked over and tried to open the door, "Uh... Hey, Melissa? Melissa!" Stiles yelled but obviously didnt get a reply. "I can break it." Odette said and Stiles sighed and shook his head, "No, I already owe this hospital enough money..."

"Why would she lock the door?" She asked and Stiles shrugged, "Maybe she didn't mean to." He said and she raised her eyebrows at him. "You don't just accidentally lock a door." She said and he just shrugged again and slightly shook his head, "Okay, well, maybe she wasn't thinking, exactly? Or wasn't thinking it through? You know, people sometimes do things without thinking them through..." Stiles rambled and Odette instantly realized who he was really talking about.

"That idiotic." She said and Stiles shook his head, "No, even smart people can do idiotic things! You know, 'cause they think that it's the right thing... And I don't think we should hold it against her, you know, for the rest of her life! Especially because she's tried apologizing hundreds of times through texts and voicemails..." he said and she raised her eyebrows.