Ch. 48 - CODOMINANCE

Odette's outfit

Chapter Forty-Eight 🌒 Codominance 🌘

Chapter Forty-Eight
🌒 Codominance 🌘

Odette and Stiles stand around in the garage of the McCall House late at night, where Stiles is in the middle of repairing his Jeep while Odette holds a flashlight for him. Stiles leans over the open hood of the jeep and pulls out a tangle of wires making him look over at Odette with pursed lips as she raised her eyebrows at him.

After a moment, he shrugs and reaches back in to pull out a large, rusty cylinder of some kind, which he also sets aside with the wires. Odette furrowed her brows looking at him in disbelief as he then grabs a wrench before reaching in to tighten a bolt. "Are you sure you know what your doing?" Odette asked and Stiles nodded, not looking up at her, "Of course I do." He said making her raise her eyebrows and look at him crazy.

"Really? Cause I might not know much about cars but whatever your doing doesn't sit right with me." She said and he glanced up at her, "Odie, I've had this jeep for years. I know how to fix it." He said and she held her hands up in defense and shrugged.

She watch him work on the jeep for a few minutes before speaking up again, "Are you sure I can't just call Charles? He knows a lot about cars." She said. Stiles looked up and gave her an exasperated look making her smile sheepishly when Scott walked into the garage.

"So, what did Liam want?" Stiles asked and Scott sighed, "To help." He said and Odette raised her eyebrows. "You gonna let him?" She asked and he thought about it for a moment before answering, "Eventually, I guess..."

"Okay, but shouldn't he be a little higher on your priority list right now? I mean, since he's the only other actual werewolf? Your only actual Beta?" Stiles asked and Scott sighed and slightly shook his head, "You didn't see the way he came at me. You didn't see the look in his eyes..."

"Well, I've been with you on a full moon, so I've seen that look. You want to get the band back together, Scott? You don't leave out the drummer." Stiles said and Scott sighs, frustratingly but knows Stiles is right.
"Can you go try it?" Stiles asked, glancing at Odette who nodded and climbed into the driver seat before turning the key in the ignition, causing the Jeeps engine to roar as it successfully turns on.

Both Scott and Odette look at Stiles impressed by the fact that he got it to work, and Stiles pumps his fist in satisfaction. "Success! Yes!"

"Now let's get this show on the road ladies." Odette said as she turned to climb into the back seat but paused slightly as Scott climbed into the passenger seat. He went to put in the back seat but then noticed what made Odette pause. A few large bottles of oil sat in the backseat making Odette and Scott look at Stiles who stood outside the passenger side looked at the bottles with pursed lips.

"There's a minor leak." Stiles says as he holds up his hand and pinches his index finger and thumb together in emphasis, "Very minor." He said. Scott and Odette glanced at each other warily before she sighed and climbed into the back seat, sitting next to the bottles.