Ch. 45 - STATUS ASTHMATICUS

Odette's outfit

Chapter Forty-Five 🎭 Status Asthmaticus  🎭

Chapter Forty-Five
🎭 Status Asthmaticus 🎭

Odette drove for a few minutes when her phone started ringing making her glance down to see Stiles calling. "Stiles?" She asked worriedly a d he was quiet for a couple seconds, "Can you come pick me up?"

A few seconds later she pull up where Stiles told her to see a tow truck hooking up Stiles's jeep. A few seconds later Stiles climbed into the passenger seat as the tow truck drove off. "Can they fix it?" Odette asked as she started driving and Stiles sighed, "There's not enough duct tape in the world to fix that thing." He said and she smiled softly.

"Maybe you should try something other than duct tape?" She suggested and he sighed again and shook his head, "It's got a bad alternator, you know... Needs all new belts... Transmission's going... The brake pads are basically metal on metal..." He explained and she nodded slightly.

"You know, when I turn eighteen I'm supposed to get my father's money. I can pay for your jeep to get fixed completely." She said and he shook his head, "I don't want you to spend all your money on me. It would probably make you bankrupt." He said and she chuckled softly. "It's a lot of money, the Alarie family was pretty wealthy." She said and he shook his head slightly, "Still, I dont want you to spend your money on me."

"Am I taking you home?" She asked and he sighed, "No. Sheriff's station. I gotta talk to my dad." He said and she glanced at him for a second before nodding.

🎭

Odette pulled up to the station and Stiles started at the building for a moment, "You want me to go in with you?" Odette asked as she grabbed his hand. "No, it's okay. It's probably going to take a while." He said and she nodded slightly, "Are you going to tell him about..." She trailed off making him sigh and glance down.

"Hey." She said making him look at her, "You know that what happened doesn't changed the way I feel about you right? It doesn't matter what you do, nothing will change how I feel." She said and he sighed softly.

"It matters to me." He said before pulling his hand out of her, "I uh- I think I need to be alone... for a while." He said before climbing out the car.

Odette sat in her car with furrowed brows as Stiles's words slowly started to sink in making shake her head, "Mmm, nope." She said before getting out and walking into the station. A deputy looked up and instantly recognized her before nodding to Stilinski's office, "He's in there." She said making Odette nod.

"Did you just break up with me?" Odette asked as she walked into the office making Stiles look at her and sigh, "Ode-" He started to say but she held up a hand and shushed him. "Shush, shush. We are not breaking up, Stiles. I am not gonna let you distance yourself from me and everyone else or let you tear yourself apart because of what happened. Talk to me, Stiles. Don't push me away." She said before sitting down next to him.