Ch. 47 - DAMNATIO MEMORIAE

Odette's outfit

Chapter Forty-Seven🌒 Damnatio Memoriae 🌘

Chapter Forty-Seven
🌒 Damnatio Memoriae 🌘

"This is a nice place right?" Charles said as he and Odette walked into a house Charles apparently already bought. Odette glanced around and nodded impressed, "It looks good, although it does suck having to redecorate a new room all over again." She said.

She obviously wasn't on the best terms with Natalie at the moment so there was no way she was gonna still stay a the Martin house hold. But, luckily Charles and Argent came back at the right time so she now has two people she could stay with. And since Charles is technically her god father, she's gonna be living with him again.

"Yeah well- if you want we can go to some stores to get some things?" He suggested and she was about to agree but then her phone went off a couple times making her pull it out. She looked down to see both Scott and Parrish texting her making her furrow her brows slightly.

"I would love to but it appears I'm needed elsewhere. And it seems serious."

🌘

"This is from the relay station's security camera." Parrish said before handing Scott his phone making Odette look over Scott's shoulder. Both of their eyes widens as they watch a beast like creature bust out of the building and run after Hayden and Liam in the woods.

"That looked big." Scott said and Parrish nodded, "And too fast for anyone to get a good look at it." He said and Odette nods slightly. "Big and fast. Wonderful." She muttered before noticing the look on Scott's face, "You know what it is don't you?" She asked. "The last Chimera." He says as he looks back at the building.

Parrish leads the two inside the relay station, and they walk down the steps until they get to the ground floor, where they find the space completely wrecked- power cables have been ripped apart and are showering sparks onto the floor, and equipment and cabinets of all kinds have been smashed or knocked over.

Odette immediately notices the puddle of blood and water on the floor near the wall where the technician was killed the previous night and kneels next to it before feeling the energy it gave off making her turn back to Parrish. "You still got a blacklight?" She asked and Parrish nods and takes the small UV light from his utility belt before handing it over to her.

She turned it on and shines it over the bloody puddle, revealing dark shadows of modified mercury before glancing back at them with a sigh. "Mercury means Chimera." She said and Parrish looks both horrified and confused, "But what was it doing here? Why come here and kill some random communications tech?" Parrish asked and Scott sighed as Odette stood up.

"Maybe it just likes to kill. Maybe it's what it does." Scott said and Parrish's eyes widen slightly, "...That's terrifying." He mumbled and Odette nodded in agreement. "Parrish, how many bodies do you actually see when you dream about the Nemeton?" Scott asked and Parrish frowns and sighs before he finally answers.