Ch. 79 - TAILS

Odette's outfit:

≪•❈ 🇫🇷 ⚜ ❈•≫

Chapter Seventy-Nine🏹 Tails 🏹

🏹 Tails 🏹

"Scott." Deaton said as he followed Scott out the hospital, "We don't know where she's going or what she's doing." Deaton said. "Or how the hell she's alive." Argent said as they walked over to Lydia and Malia, "Well, can we answer that question after we find her?" Lydia asked.

"That woman may look like Allison, but it doesn't mean that she is Allison." Deaton said and Argent shook his head. "She didn't recognize me." He said and Scott nodded, "Me either- she didn't recognize Odette either. But she saw me heal. She knows what I am." Scott said and Charles furrowed his brows. Charles coughed into his hand slightly, making Odette gently grab his arm and he nodded at her before glancing around at everyone.

"So she doesn't remember us but she knows about werewolves." Charles said and Lydia raised her eyebrows, "It's frighteningly convenient for a werewolf hunter who just got brought back to life." Lydia said and Malia nodded. "She also knew how to kick ass, specifically my ass." Malia said.

"Hold on- When I told her my last name was McCall, she looked at me like she... was expecting something else." Scott said and Odette sighed, "Hale." She said and Melissa raised her eyebrows.

"But if the only thing she remembers right now is that she hunts and kills werewolves-" Melissa said and Scott's eyes widened, "Then we need to find Derek." He said. "I'm coming with you." Malia said and Scott nodded, before they ran over to Scott's car.

🏹

Odette, Lydia and Jackson walked into the station as Lydia was looking down at her phone. "None of my texts are going through. I can't reach-" Lydia said but cut herself off when they noticed not a single person was in the station. "Anyone..." Lydia mumbled as they glanced around, "Do you think that's connected?" Jackson asked.

They slowly walked through the doorway and glanced around before a light above them suddenly exploded, making them quickly crouch down. They slowly stood up and Odette sniffed the air for a moment. "Do you smell that? It smells like... death." Odette said and Lydia nodded slightly, "Someone was killed here." She said.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure a lot of people have been killed here, guys." Jackson said, making Odette give him a look, "Recently. Use your nose. The smell wouldnt still be here if it was old." Odette said before slowly following the scent. "Wait- Are we gonna be killed here?" Jackson asked as they followed Odette into the holding cell area.

They slowly walked in before stopping when they saw the body of a dead deputy on the ground. His chest was on the ground, one arm propped up against the bars but his head was twisted hundred-and-eighty degrees. "Please tell me that Allison didn't do that?" Jackson asked and Odette shook her head slightly, "I don't think my cousin is capable of something like that..." She said.

🏹

Liam and Hikari walked into the empty station and glanced around for a moment before Liam stopped Hikari, making her look at him. "What do you smell?" Hikari asked and Liam glanced around, "Fear." He said before a door behind them opened. "That would be me." Jackson said, making them turn around before Lydia and Odette walked out behind Jackson.

"You're gonna want to see this." Lydia said and they all walked into the holding cell area. After a moment, Hikari crouched down next to the body. "He was a kitsune, probably didn't even know it. If the Nogitsune murdered him then he did it to steal his tails." Hikari said, making Jackson look at her alarmed and confused.

"The tails only get him one thing." Liam said and Odette sighed, "The Oni." She said. "Woah, woah, woah. I have a tail. No one's planning on stealing my tail, right?" He asked, making Odette sigh deeply and pinch the bridge of her nose, "Will you please shut up?" Lydia asked, making Jackson look at her offended.

"There's more going on and I think it's all connected." Lydia said and Liam furrowed his brows, "More what?" He asked. "Well, someone's been starting fires." Odette said as she glanced over at Liam.

🏹

Odette, Lydia, Jackson, Liam and Hikari stood in front of Stilinski's map and crime board of the fires. "The fires all happened right after the jar was taken from Japan." Odette said and Hikari leaned in to look at one of the pictures of a hooded figure. "Liam, that's him." She said, making Liam look at it, "That's the guy who stole the jar, the one who freed the Nogitsune." Liam said.

"He's the one setting the fires." Lydia said and Jackson furrowed his brows, "And not the Nogitsune? Why don't we catch him and kill the Nogitsune? That sounds like a pretty good plan to me." He said and Hikari shook her head. "Well, the Nogitsune's not a person. It's an ancient power, so old it's practically elemental. It might not be possible to kill him." Hikari said and Odette sighed, "If we had a Necromancer we'd might be able to." She mumbled.

"Well, I'm willing to give it a shot." Jackson said and Liam shook his head slightly, "We're wasting time. You guys can figure out who's starting the fire. We need to find Scott." Liam said before he and Hikari walked away.