chapter 54: Glee, Actually

It's hard for me to say.
I'm jealous of the way,
you're happy without me.

~Labrinth, Jealous

Violet didn't like driving in the snow

Violet didn't like driving in the snow. She didn't like it one bit.

Ever since moving to Lima, she's had to drive no matter how bad the roads were. The most annoying part of driving in the snow though was the fact that it felt like no one knew how to drive in it, so everyone was driving especially slow.

So the Monday before Winter Break started, Violet was already annoyed at the slow driving. Not to even mention that she was already annoyed that she still had to go to classes. Violet was already itching for Winter Break to start.

She was flying home to New York, before break started, on Wednesday to visit her dad with Burt because he was planning on surprising Kurt. She just needed a change in scenery. There was just something about McKinley that's been too much for her.

That something was Brittany and Sam.

Yes, she was happy that he's happy, but the new couple was especially affectionate. They were even more affectionate than when Sam and Violet were together which was interesting because Sam never particularly liked too much PDA until Violet.

So when Violet Anthony arrived at school that morning, she wasn't necessarily in the best mood. She contemplated staying her car and just driving back home after she parked behind the school, but then she heard the muffled screams of someone.

Violet's eyebrows furrowed at the sound, and she quickly got out of her car and grabbed her things to investigate. She then saw Artie on the ground, face first, and his wheelchair was flipped on its side. Violet was running to him when she slipped the slightest bit. Luckily, she caught herself, but she soon realized that the janitors hadn't salted the ground before snow fell meaning Artie probably slipped and fell.

"Artie! I'm coming!" Violet called out as she carefully made her way over to the fallen boy.

"Violet?" Artie called out in slight relief. The overwhelming feeling of embarrassment still flooded his senses, but he was glad that Violet was there to help him instead of some freshman girl.

"Artie, I'm here." Violet quickly picked up his wheelchair. "How long have you been here?"

Artie sniffled slightly, "I don't know. I saw a couple people pass by but no one helped me."

"No one– Of course they didn't," Violet grumbled with disdain towards the McKinley students. "Can you try and pick your upper body up?"

"Y-Yeah." Artie began to pick himself up, and with Violet picking him up, he got back into his chair. She was gathering his books and papers that were strewn across the ground when he was about to roll away from the girl, but she grabbed ahold of his wheelchair to stop him. "Let me go."