chapter 1: auditions

The bright morning light shone through Emma Pillsbury's office as she was printing out a map of McKinley High and a new school schedule

"Well, Violet, this is a map of the school, and here's your schedule. If you need any help throughout the day, just come by my office and I can help you! I know this probably isn't like your online schooling situation in New York, but I'm sure you'll be able to adjust well!"

Violet Anthony was new to McKinley or well any public high school. Her bag and her guitar case were by her sides, and she was growing impatient of this meeting with the overly chipper school counselor.

"I can suggest some great clubs and activities. I see that you've brought your guitar! Well, we have a jazz band, and if you sing, we have the Glee Club–"

Violet interrupted, "Oh I don't sing, but the jazz band seems interesting enough. Who do I go see about that?"

"Well the club doesn't seem to have a faculty supervisor, but the students who run it are John Hanson and Scott Locke! You'll be able to find them around now in the choir room. I can–"

Violet started to gather her things, and her new papers, "I should be fine... Thank you though." And with that remark, Violet left to enter actual school. She first headed to her locker which ended up being one she'd have to crouch down to in order to reach.

"Just great

"Just great. And the day I wear my platform boots too." Violet crouched down to put her things in her locker. As she was getting settled, she feels a presence behind her. She gets up and turns around to see a girl clad in a red cheer uniform crossing her arms and staring her down.

"You're in my way, bull." The girl pushes Violet aside and puts the combination into the locker above her. Violet touches her septum piercing when she made that remark and chuckled.

"Bull? How creative. What's your name cheerleader?"

The girl looks over to her and scoffs, "You must be new. I'm Santana, and I'm the top bitch at this school, so you might want to show some respect."

Santana's words were restrained but equally filled with venom. Her annoyance at Violet only grew when Violet smirked at her. Santana stormed off to meet Brittany, but not without one last remark from Violet.