chapter 31: Extraordinary Merry Christmas

Sam yawned as he walked down the stairs to find Violet cooking and dancing to her Christmas playlist. He woke up to the smell of cinnamon pancakes and bacon wafting to his room, so despite it being early, he happily got up to see what Violet was doing.

It's been about a month since the two of them started living together, and they got along very well. It took some time for Sam to adjust to Violet's always going to school extra early, but it's become a part of his routine now. Violet liked having someone in the house. Her house didn't  feel as big.

Violet turned around and jumped at the sight of a disheveled Sam. "Whatcha got there?"

"Why do you always have to scare me like that? Does it not get old?"

Sam beamed, "Nope." and then he jumped and sat on the countertop by Violet. He got a closer look at Violet's face, and he noticed that the dark circles under her eyes were more prominent than usual. "Vi, did you get any sleep last night?"

Violet shrugged her shoulders, "I mean a little, but you know how I've been having trouble sleeping since the summer. And honestly, I feel fine."

Sam was still skeptical, but she acted energetic enough, so he just let it be. Violet then put on the table a full breakfast with cinnamon pancakes, bacon, eggs, and a hot chocolate inspired latte. She looked at Sam expectantly.

"Is that for me?" He asked. Violet nodded her head and even pulled out the chair for Sam. He was confused at how chipper she's been. Last Christmas, she was so depressed, but now? It seemed like she was oozing cheer. "What's up with you? Christmastime always sucks for you."

She rolled her eyes, "What? Do you want me to be depressed?"

"I mean no, but this is kinda freaking me out a little bit."

Violet took a seat across from the boy, "This year's different. I have a great relationship with my dad. I've made up with everyone now, and we're even together as a Glee Club. We're gonna be driving to Kentucky soon, and we're spending time with your family. This year's different. I have a lot to be grateful for."

Sam smiled at her, "I'm glad that you're genuinely happy. You really deserve to be."

She got up and got herself her own breakfast which consisted of a bowl of fruit and the hot chocolate latte. Sam narrowed his eyes at her, "You made all of this good food, and you're just eating fruit?"

"What? I'm not that hungry!"

Sam rolled his eyes, "Well you're missing out."

When they were done with breakfast, they both got ready for the day and headed to the choir room early to decorate the tree. Once Sam spotted Mercedes, he headed straight to her, leaving Violet to go and talk to Kurt.

To stay motivated, they started to sing "All I Want For Christmas" while they continued to decorate the room. Kurt noticed the glances sneaked between Mercedes and Sam which made him raise an eyebrow for two reasons. 1.) Mercedes is in a happy relationship with her boyfriend, Shane, and they've been together for almost 6 months now. 2.) He could've sworn that Sam and Violet would be getting back together especially since they live in the same house together now.