chapter 71: End of Twerk pt. 1

And I'm so tired that I might
Quit my job, start a new life
And they'd all be so disappointed
'Cause who am I,
if not exploited?

~Oliva Rodrigo, Brutal

"Oh no. Make it stop," Violet laughed as she turned away from the video of Blaine twerking in the choir room. But the video was like a horror movie, she didn't want to keep watching, but she couldn't resist.

The entire room was filled with giggles and laughter as they all watched the video of Blaine on Tina's small phone screen.

"Blaine this is nothing to be embarrassed about!" Mr. Schue chuckled.

"Yes, it is," Sam disagreed, the whole room echoing his statement.

Blaine shielded his face in embarrassment and commented, "That's a twerk fail gawker nightmare."

Mr. Schue shook his head, "No, no, no. This is a revelation."

"Oh no. Not a revelation," Violet muttered which made Sam laugh even harder.

Artie added, "If this is turning into what I think it's turning into, I just want to say that it's physically impossible for me to twerk."

"I beg to differ," Kitty cheekily smiled with a rosy tint creeping up her cheeks.

Mr. Schue looked like he had hit gold, "Guys, look how you're all riveted by that video. That's the kind of reaction we need from the judges if we're gonna one-up Throat Explosion at Nationals."

"Through them laughing at us?" Violet questioned.

Mr. Schue, still angry at Violet, gave her a pointed look, "No. We need to edge up our America's sweetheart image a bit. Show the judges that we're not afraid to rebel."

"Mr. Schue!" Marley called out. "What if some of us don't know how to twerk?"

Everyone turned to look at Violet who widened her eyes and immediately shook her head, "Nope. Nope, nope, nope. I refuse. This is a horrible idea for Nationals."

Blaine chuckled and teased her, "You're probably just saying this because you don't know how to twerk."

"Exactly!" Violet yelled.

"Well..." Sam's voice trailed. Violet slapped his chest and he reacted, "Hey! I'm just saying that you don't not know how to twerk."

Violet shook her head, "It's still a bad idea, and I refuse to teach or partake in it."

Mr. Schue gave her a look and replied sarcastically, "Aside from Violet's infinite wisdom on show choir, I bet we have other people in this room that would step up and do her job. And if you all dance like Blaine did in that video, then we are gonna need a bigger trophy case."