chapter 7: The Substitute

It was Monday morning and Violet's dad was back in New York for another business trip. Everything should be right in the world, but alas, Violet was sick. Once a year, Violet gets really sick with something for a week, and she doesn't know why. She's just come to accept it. This year, Violet had strep. Her throat felt hot and inflamed, and her voice sounded raspy.

She texted Kurt and Mercedes that she wouldn't be at school because she was sick, and she tried to sleep it off. When she woke up, Kurt was calling her for 5th time.

"Hello." Violet said with a raspy voice.

"My God. You sound horrible. Do you have the monkey flu too?" Kurt said in disgust.

Violet was already feeling dazed from her fever, but she thought she was imagining what Kurt just said, "Monkey flu? No. I have strep. What's up? Why'd you call?"

"So, in Glee Club today, we were supposed to be brainstorming ideas for the sectionals setlist, but Mr

"So, in Glee Club today, we were supposed to be brainstorming ideas for the sectionals setlist, but Mr. Schue looked really sick. I think he has the monkey flu. Anyways, when he went to the nurse, Rachel just HAD to take over."

Violet was shocked at how much drama has already ensued, but she also kinda expected it because it WAS the Glee Club. She just didn't expect it to happen all before lunch. "Who gave her the authority?"

"It's Rachel. She already thought she had authority because she thinks she's the most qualified person, so she just took over! I'm seething."

"Alright, well, why don't you get a sub?" Violet thought that that might be the best thing possible just because Rachel can't exactly fire a substitute teacher hired by the school.

"That IS a good idea... But who'd do it?" Kurt was thinking about the potential teachers who could do it and he honestly couldn't think of anyone who'd take over.

 But who'd do it?" Kurt was thinking about the potential teachers who could do it and he honestly couldn't think of anyone who'd take over

"What about our sub from English last week? Uh what's her name... Ms. Holliday? She's bound to still be in the school if this many people are out sick. Just have her sub in for Glee Club after school, and then for however long Schue's out for."

Kurt gasped at Violet's idea. "That's brilliant! Even sick, you still have great ideas! Okay, I gotta go, but keep drinking fluids and resting."

"Will do."