chapter 88: Homecoming pt. 2

This is for my girls all around the world
Who have come across a man
that don't respect your worth
Thinkin' all women
should be seen and not heard
So what do we do girls, shout out loud

~Christina Aguilera, Can't Hold Us Down

Violet was currently waiting in her car with Sam for Mercedes, Santana, and Britt

Violet was currently waiting in her car with Sam for Mercedes, Santana, and Britt. The trio was coming back to Lima for homecoming earlier than Violet expected, but she just summed it up to their need to decompress at home. Their tour finally concluded the previous night, and she just assumed that they just wanted to spend time with their friends.

Sam had Violet's hand in his, and he was twisting her rings around her finger as the couple waited in a comfortable silence. He decided to tag along because he didn't have any classes to teach, and he wanted to spend time with Vi even if it meant sitting in a car full of his exes (even though he forgot he dated them half of the time).

"Sam?" Violet asked.

"Hmm?"

She looked at him from both of their reclined positions, "Ya know how I was telling you about Dalton and the Warblers?"

Sam nodded, "Yeah, and how you didn't get through to them."

"Well, I got through to one, I think," Violet mentioned.

He looked at her curiously, "Who?"

"My cousin."

If his full attention wasn't already dedicated to her, it was now. Sam choked on air, "Your cousin?"

Violet breathed out, "Yeah. Apparently, he's head Warbler. I think we were all shocked at this revelation."

"So... what does this mean then?"

She shrugged as she looked at the ceiling of her car, "I don't know... Sky told me that my mother's in contact with them."

Sam's voice trailed, "Oh..."

"But she's not in Ohio, so, I guess that's good."

"Do you want a relationship with them? Your cousin and your uncle?" Sam asked.

"Kinda? Is it crazy that I want a relationship with my mother's side with the family?" she furrowed her eyebrows.

Sam shook his head, "No, not at all." He wove his fingers into hers and said, "You should do what you want, and I'll be in your corner whenever you need me."

Violet smiled and then leaned over to kiss him. Their intimate moment was promptly interrupted by her car doors opening.

Santana groaned, "Can't you guys do that in private?"

After Britt finished putting their luggage in the trunk, she took Santana's hand, "Oh, c'mon. They're cute."

"Yeah, Santana, Vi and I are cute," Sam said smugly.