chapter 75: Frenemies

And I need you to know that
we're fallin' so fast,
we're fallin' like the stars,
fallin' in love
And I'm not scared
to say those words
With you I'm safe,
we're fallin' like the stars,
we're fallin' in love

~James Arthur, Falling like the Stars

"Ugh my hair's getting so long," Violet groaned as she tried to put it up

Sam chuckled, "It's not even long enough to put in a bun."

Blaine nodded, "Yeah, I'm surprised you think this is long. Before this year, your hair was practically down to your waist. It's just past your collarbone right now."

Violet reminisced of the time when she got her hair chopped off that summer, "Getting that hair cut off was like having 10 pounds lifted from my shoulders. It was great, and now I can never go back."

"Then if that's the case, you and Sam should both get hair cuts together. Especially before Nationals."

"What? No!" they both protested.

Sam pouted, "I like my hair like this."

Vi smiled, "It's fun to braid too. I like his hair long. It's cute."

Blaine rolled his eyes, "You guys aren't even a couple yet, and you're already this gross."

"Hey, I had to third wheel all those times when you, me, and Kurt would hang out. Besides you're not even a third wheel for us. We're a trio." Violet linked her arms with both of the boys.

"Are you sure your trio isn't you and Santana and Quinn?" Blaine teased.

"Okay, and moving on," Violet avoided his insinuation.

Sam chuckled, but he changed topics anyway, "So is Natasha still sending you those posts?"

Violet sighed, "I didn't mean move on to that, but yeah. All weekend she's been, uh, sending me these pictures of her and Annie together, and it's just weird. Like it felt like she's trying to make me jealous or something, and then she started sending me these texts."

Violet scrolled through her phone to find what Natasha's been texting her, and she showed it to the boys. Blaine and Sam leaned over, not really believing what was sent.

"'Annie's great, but I miss feeling your lips on my neck'?" Sam read the text aloud.

"'I miss you a lot. When are you coming back home to New York? We could get an apartment together after graduation'? Vi, this seems..."

"Awful? Bitchy? Wrong? Like she's trying to cheat on her girlfriend who's absolutely in love with her?" Violet suggested.

Sam asked, "Was she always like this?"